In wake of the current nationwide lockdown of 21 days as directed by Government of India SEBI has considered the requirement to extend the timelines for processing of various investor requests pertaining to physical securities and compliance and disclosures to be made under SEBI Regulations and various SEBI circulars. In the event of further extension in the lockdown period as directed by Government of India / State Governments, additional relaxation in prescribed timelines for equal number of extended days in lock down is also being given to intermediaries / market participants for the following matters:
- Processing of Remat Requests;
- Processing of Transmission Requests;
- Processing of request for Issue of Duplicate Share Certificates;
- Processing of Requests for Name Deletion/ Name Change/Transposition/ Pending Share Transfers (Re-lodgement cases in the case of share transfers);
- Processing of Requests for Consolidation / Split / Replacement of Share Certificates / Amalgamation of Folios;
- Handling Investor Correspondence / Grievances / SCORES complaint;
- Submission of Half Yearly Report to SEBI pursuant to Circular No. CIR/MIRSD/7/2012 dated July 05, 2012;
- Compulsory Internal Audit of RTAs by CA / CS / CMA holding Certificate of Practice and Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)/ Diploma Information Systems Auditor (DISA) pursuant to Circular dated April 20, 2018, issued by SEBI;
- Submission of Audit Report by CISA/CISM qualified or equivalent auditor by QRTAs to SEBI along with comments of the Board; pursuant to Circular dated September 08, 2017 issued by SEBI on Cyber Security and Cyber Security Resilience framework for QRTAs
- Submission of Compliance Report by QRTAs duly reviewed by the Board of Directors of the QRTA to SEBI on Enhanced monitoring ofQRTAs pursuant to Circular dated August 10, 2018 issued by SEBI;
- Regulation 74(5) of the SEBI (Depositories and Participants) Regulations, 2018 on Manner of surrender of certificate of security; and
- Regulation 76 of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Depositories and Participants) Regulations, 2018 on audits.
Please refer to the SEBI circular no. SEBI/HO/MIRSD/RTAMB/CIR/P/2020/59 dated April 13, 2020 for more details.