Amit Kapur is a Partner with JSA since 2000. He has anchored the Firm’s Infrastructure practice since 1997 with focus on infrastructure sectors. Having served as Senior Partner of JSA since 01.04.2017, on 01.01.2019, Amit assumed office as the Joint Managing Partner of the Firm.
His practice focusses on dispute resolution, public procurement, PPP and transactions in Energy (Power, Hydrocarbons, Natural Resources); Climate Change & Sustainable Development; Transport (Rail, Highways and Civil Aviation); Communications; Municipal Infrastructure and Social / Developmental projects.
He is regularly consulted on Infrastructure, Regulatory and PPP issues by several ministries / bodies of Central and State Governments; Developmental Financial Institutions (the World Bank, PPIAF, WSP-SA, ADB); Competition & Sector regulators and leading Indian and foreign Corporates (like the Tata Group, Adani Group, GVK Group, GMR Group, Vedanta Group, Larsen & Toubro, Reliance ADA Group, Torrent).
In recent past, he actively assisted the Kelkar Committee on Rejuvenation of Infrastructure Development (2015). He served as member of Ministry of Law appointed committee to review the Specific Relief Act, 1963 which led to amendment to the law in October 2018.
- Supreme Court Bar Association
- Delhi High Court Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Bar Council of Delhi
- Change in Law – Evolving Dimensions of Infrastructure Contracts – published in Powerline in April 2023 (Link)
- Hits and Misses: Mixed response to the Electricity Amendment Bill, 2022 – Published in Powerline in December 2022 (Link)
- Making the Energy Transition – published in Powerline in October 2022 (Link)
- Payment Reschedule: MoP releases LPS rules to tackle discom dues – published in Powerline in July 2022 (Link)
- India’s energy transition and power system – published by EPC World in January 2022 (Link)
- A Mixed Year – Hits and misses of 2021 – published by Powerline in December 2021 (Link)
- Reforming Commercial Litigation in India Through Technology – published by BW Legal World in April 2020 (Link)
- Covid-19: Securing a safe passage for power sector through turbulence – published by ET Energy World on 26th April 2020 (Link)
- Preserving the core of the economy – published by Financial Express on 7th April 2020 (Link)
- Adapting to and Mitigating Climate Change through Legal-Regulatory Frameworks – published by American Bar Association’s Climate Change, Sustainable Development and Ecosystems Committee in March 2020 (Link)
- Role of legal, regulatory framework in transition to clean energy economy – published by ET EnergyWorld in November 2019
- India’s infrastructure conundrum: Why structural reform is the only answer – published by CNBC in September 2019
- Indian Infrastructure – Opportunities and Risks – published in August 2019 issue (IFLR Asia Best Lawyers 2020)
- Chapter titled “Infrastructure” in book titled “Regulation in India: Design, Capacity, Performance” in Hart Studies in Comparative Public Law – published by Bloomsbury Publishing Plc in 2019
- Infrastructure Finance & Emerging Jurisprudence – published in IDFC Law Reporter (9th Edition – 2017)
- Choice between the devil and the deep sea: Sanctity of contract or regulatory independence – published in ET Energy World on November 07, 2017
- Economic Governance and the Wheels of Justice – published in annual magazine of the Indian Advocate, 2015
- B. Com. (Hons.), Delhi University (1985)
- LL.B., Delhi University (1988)