Developments in Competition Law during May 2022
In a major development, the National Company Law Appellate Tribunal upheld the order of the Competition Commission of India (CCI) against Amazon for gun-jumping and suppression of material facts in relation to the Future Coupon deal. Further, the CCI penalized Veolia S.A and Allcargo Logistics for gun-jumping and dismissed a case against Nandal Finance and JPM Industries for alleged bid-rigging. It also approved several combinations including:
- acquisition of minority shareholding of Xpressbees by the TPG Group
- acquisition of L&T Investment Management by HSBC Asset Management
- acquisition of additional shareholding of Future Generali by the Generali Group
- acquisition of joint control of athenahealth Group Inc. by H&F, Bain and GIC
- acquisition of additional shareholding of Escorts by Kubota
For further details, please refer to the below document.
This Newsletter has been prepared by the JSA Competition Law Team.
For further details, please contact [email protected]