Our partners, Tirthankar Datta, Ananya Kumar, and Anand Lakra conducted a masterclass hosted by Lexology titled “Listed Company Acquisitions: Key Legal and Regulatory Considerations,” held on December 6, 2023.
The Masterclass covered the following key topics:
- Basic concepts: What is an open offer? What are the thresholds which would trigger an open offer?
- What are the big ticket regulatory changes proposed by SEBI which would impact deal making?
- Who are the usual debt financiers who provide acquisition financing for such acquisitions?
- What are the acquisition financing structures both onshore and offshore? What legal and regulatory considerations drive the structures?
- What are the usual dispute resolution clauses seen in acquisition transactions? What are the legal issues surrounding the same?
- What are the kind of disputes plaguing such acquisitions?