Ananya’s practice focuses on Corporate & Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution; with a particular focus on Construction & Engineering, Oil & Gas, Infrastructure and Roads’ Project contracts.
In addition, he represents the interests of the Firm’s clients before the Supreme Court of India, High Courts and Tribunals, and provides legal advice on diverse issues pertaining to litigious aspects of transactions and agreements.
Ananya also represents clients in arbitrations, both domestic and international, and court proceedings involving disputes arising out shareholder and joint venture agreements.
Ananya has considerable experience in the field of Alternate Dispute Resolution, having done his Masters in Law from the London School of Economics with a specialization therein. Ananya was recognized in the Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2017 editorial as a ‘Recommended Lawyer’.
Ananya has been practicing law since 2003. Before joining JSA, he was a chamber junior of Mr. K.K. Venugopal, Senior Advocate.
- Bar Council of Delhi
- Supreme Court Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- Co-authored a chapter titled “Arbitration & the Conundrum of Limitation” in a book published by Nani Palkhiwala Arbitration Centre and Oakbridge Publishing titled “Repositioning India for Arbitration: Envisioning an Empowered Nation” (2018).
- Co-authored the India Chapter in the 6th Edition of ‘Global Legal Insights – Litigation & Dispute Resolution (2017-18)’
“All or nothing disputes may belong to the past” published in The Statesman on 30 April 2020
- “Due Process Paranoia” published in The Statesman on 22 November 2018
“More action needed to ease contractors’ liquidity crisis” (co-authored), published in India Business Law Journal, on 17 August 2018
- “A Counter Intuitive Step” published in The Statesman on 09 August 2018
- Speaker –Webinar on Contract Management for Punjab Water Project, organized by the World Bank Group (June 2020)
- Speaker – Virtual Workshop on ‘Contract Management During Emergency Situation’, organised by the World Bank Group and All India Management Association (April 2020)
- Speaker – ICC India Arbitration Conference 2019 (Bengaluru), Panel on Key Developments in the Indian Arbitration Scenario.
- Speaker – International Bar Association Annual Conference 2018 (Rome), Panel on Joint Venture Disputes in the Construction Sector.
- B.A., LL. B (Hons.), National Law School of India University, Bangalore (2003)
- LL. M, London School of Economic & Political Science, UK (2006)