Developments in Competition Law during October 2021
In the month of October, the CCI found companies guilty of indulging in bid-rigging in tenders floated by GAIL and Indian Railways. It closed a case against Japanese bearing manufacturers despite being investigated pursuant to a leniency application. Further, it approved several notable combinations including:
- acquisition of additional shareholding of TVS SCS by TS Rajam Family
- acquisition of minority shareholding of ONGC Tripura Power Corporation by GAIL
- acquisition of sole control of Gangavaram Port by Adani Ports
- acquisition of majority shareholding of Hexaware Technologies by Carlyle Group under Green Channel
- acquisition of certain shareholding of TVS Supply Chains Solutions by Exor Special Opportunities Master Fund under Green Channel
For further details, please refer to the below document.
This Newsletter has been prepared by the JSA Competition Law Team.
For further details, please contact [email protected]