Developments in Competition Law during December 2020
The month of December saw the Supreme Court of India partially upholding the National Company Law Appellate Tribunal’s order dismissing the case against Ola and Uber for alleged anti-competitive practices. Further, the Competition Commission of India proposes to initiate market studies in various sectors. Additionally, it passed several notable orders, including:
- dismissing the case against the credit rating agencies for alleged cartelization;
- approving the formation of a joint venture between Honda Motor and Hitachi;
- approving the acquisition of C&S’ switchgear business by Siemens;
- approving the acquisition of Piramal Pharma by the Carlyle Group;
- approving the acquisition of G4S by Allied Universal under Green Channel.
For furthur details, please refer to the below document.
This Newsletter has been prepared by Competition Law Team. For further details, please contact [email protected]