Utsav’s key focus area is banking and finance. He has advised lenders and borrowers extensively, right from the inception of a financing assignment to its structuring, negotiations and completion of the transaction.
His practice areas include structured finance, acquisition finance, leveraged buyouts, cross border finance, priority funding, debt capital markets, debt restructuring and insolvency. In addition, Utsav regularly advises domestic and international banks on all types of general banking products.
Some of his recent assignments include:
- Advised Advent International Corp. in all aspects of acquisition financing for acquiring a significant stake in Crompton Greaves’ consumer electrical business for INR 20,000 million
- Advised various arrangers in connection with the US$ 1.5 billion term loan facilities availed by an offshore subsidiary of one of the largest Indian steel manufacturers
- Advised lenders in relation to financing and refinancing of a US$ 1.775 billion facility to ONGC Videsh Limited
- Advised the arrangers in relation to restructuring of senior secured facilities of approximately US$ 530 million to Rain Industries Group
- Advised Qatar Holding LLC in relation to its investment of INR 6.4 billion in secured non-convertible debentures issued by RMZ Infotech Private Limited
- Advised the lenders in relation to INR 1.5 billion priority funding to a paper products company
- Advised the lenders in relation to a secured facility of INR 10 billion for a residential real estate project in Mumbai
- Advised Mu Sigma Inc. in relation to USD US$394 million privatisation financing
Utsav has been practising law since 2008. Prior to joining JSA in 2010, he was working with an Indian boutique law firm, specialising in banking.