Rupinder specializes in General Corporate Commercial, Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity, and Anti-Corruption and White-Collar Crime practice areas.
Rupinder’s practice primarily focusses on M&A; PE investments; joint ventures and strategic alliances; crossborder investments; corporate restructurings; and a special focus on anti-bribery and anti-corruption laws, with a specialization in corporate/HR investigations and whit-collar crime.
She regularly advises clients on foreign investments and related regulatory issues for India entry as well as matters related to corporate, employment, information technology and foreign exchange control laws in connection with both inbound and outbound investments.
Rupinder advises and assists with compliance and internal investigations in connection with the Prevention of Corruption Act; the Money Laundering Act; the FCPA; the UK Bribery Act; and other local and international anti-corruption laws and sanctions. She has also been involved in general employment law advisory and workplace policies, code of conduct, Prevention of Sexual Harassment and related matters.
Being recognized as a solution-oriented lawyer with a wealth of experience who can advice beyond legal and contractual matters for the successful outcome of a transaction. Rupinder has advised on several diverse corporate transactions, including share acquisition and business transfers across various sectors such as real estate, healthcare, e-commerce, fintech, technology, infrastructure & energy, services and manufacturing.
- International Bar Association
- Bar Council of Punjab and Haryana
- Supreme Court Bar Association
Seminars and Publications
Rupinder has delivered addresses at various events and webinars in India and various other jurisdictions.
Below are some of the recent
- “The Road Less Travelled – What Lies Ahead for the Healthcare and Medical Devices Sector?” published in Express Pharma
- “Telemedicine In India: Is The Time Ripe?” published in Express Healthcare.
- “Here comes the sun – the promise of AI in healthcare” published in Economic Times
- “Risks in acquiring distressed infrastructure assets” published in India Business Law Journal (IBLJ)
- “Managing compliances in real estate sector” published in Financial Express today
- India Anti-Corruption Trends, published in Market Intelligence Anti-Corruption, 2019 by Lexology
- “MeToo impact: Indian corporates to buckle up” published in The Financial Express.
- “Consumer Protection Bill: Time for careful rethinking” published in Financial Express
- Upswing in M&A activity expected to gather steam” published in India Business Law Journal
- “The Drugs and Cosmetics Art is archaic. It needs a refresh” published on Economic Times Prime
- B.A. Punjab University
- L.L. B, Punjab University
- World Trade Institute, Switzerland (Certificate, Dispute Settlement)
- London School of Economics Political Science (Certificate, Commercial Law)
- Political Science (Certificate, Commercial Law)