Raj specialises in private equity, M&A, corporate commercial, banking & finance and cross-border investments & acquisitions.
He has extensive experience in debt transactions (secured & mezzanine), project finance, security creation, joint ventures and regulatory & policy issues governing such transactions.
Raj has facilitated many high profile acquisitions and investments in India in a variety of sectors that involved complicated structuring and documentation.
Some of his key assignments are:
- Advised Zoomcar in connection with an investment by Mahindra and Mahindra Limited. JSA had also conducted vendor due diligence on Zoomcar India
- Advised Prestige Estates Projects, a Bangalore-based developer in connection with a strategic partnership/ affordable housing platform with HDFC Capital Advisors to jointly invest in low and mid-income housing projects
- Advised Bertelsmann Nederland B.V. (“BII”) in connection with its investment in Ruptub Solutions Private Limited (“Treebo”)
- Advised JP Morgan in connection with specific aspects in connection with its investment into Assetz and Viceroy Hotels
- Advised Piramal Fund Management Private Limited (“Piramal”), in connection with its investment in rated, listed, redeemable, non-convertible debentures issued by a leading developer in Bangalore
- Advised and assisted, Scheme Residential Opportunities Fund – I of Real Estate Opportunities Trust, a real estate fund for which Jones Lang Lasalle Investment Advisors Private Limited are the Investment Managers (JLL), in connection with various investments from time to time
- Advised Ace Turtle, an omnichannel platform in connection with investment by Vertex Ventures and a group entity of CapitaLand