Pratish focuses on all kinds of debt transactions, debt instruments and structured finance products. He has advised clients on debt restructuring mechanisms including formation of joint lenders forum, corporate debt restructuring, strategic debt restructuring, conversion of debt into equity and issues relating to enforcement of security interest.
Pratish’s expertise lies in securitisation transactions which includes securitisation of standard assets, securitisation of non-performing assets, pass through structures and direct assignment transactions. He regularly advices domestic and international clients on factoring, forfeiting, bill discounting, receivables financing and other trade finance transactions and has been instrumental in structuring many trade finance transactions.
Pratish has also advised:
- clients on different issues relating to regulations and policies applicable to banks, non-banking financial companies and primary dealers.
- entities for setting up and obtaining licenses for non-banking financial companies and primary dealer.
- clients for structuring and launching of many banking products.
- clients on foreign exchange laws relating to banking and finance.
- on pre-litigation strategy for stressed and non-performing assets and insolvency related issues.
He has been practicing law since 2008. Before joining JSA, he was partner with Juris Corp.
Bar Council of Maharashtra and Goa
- Co-authored Enforcement of Indian Bank Guarantees – The Dichotomy in Law! published by the International Bar Association
- Co-authored the India Chapter for the Structured Finance and Securitisation Global Guide published by Thomson Reuters Practical Law
- Insights on “Covid – Corporate Debtor – Central Bank” published in the Banking and Finance Journal (December 2020 Issue)
- Trade Finance in India-Recent Trends published by LawStreetIndia, a Taxsutra portal
- Lending and Taking Security in India: Overview published Thomson Reuters Practical Law for the year 2017-18 (www.practicallaw.com/9-504-4730)
- Lending and Taking Security in India: Overview published Thomson Reuters Practical Law for the year 2016-17 (www.practicallaw.com/9-504-4730)
- Microfinance Institutions and Regulatory Issues published in International Financial Law Review (“IFLR”)
- Questionnaire on bank deposit guarantee scheme published in the Banking Law News, Vol 17, No. 2
B.A.LL.B (Hons) from National Law Institute University, Bhopal