Ongmu’s practice focuses on cross-border transactions, including private and public mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and capital investments. She has extensive experience acting for clients in United States of America and Europe on setting up subsidiary companies in India, advising on governance and regulatory matters, foreign investment compliance, employment, data privacy and anti-corruption issues. Ongmu also advises multinational companies, private equity houses and Indian corporates on their investments, business conduct, post-merger integration and corporate restructuring.
She also has experience in commercial Litigation and Arbitration, in both domestic & international.
Before joining JSA, she worked as a consultant with dispute resolution organisations and law firms in New York and with the Mediation Office at The World Bank, Washington D.C.
Bar Council of Delhi
- Amendments to the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 …What it means? Published in August, 2019 journal of The Chamber of Tax Consultants.
- Maternity Benefit Amendment Bill, 2016: Is it a laudable effort? (https://www.barandbench.com/news/maternity-benefits-bill-2016)
- Penalties on violation of DIPP Guidelines &FEMA Provisions. Published in June 2010 issue of Income Tax Review.
- Arbitration: Connecticut Appeals Court’s Statutory Interpretation (Web). Published in Alternatives (international newsletter of CPR International Institute for Conflict Prevention and Resolution) on 25 April 2007 (https://www.cpradr.org/news-publications/articles/2007-04-25-arbitration-connecticut-appeals-court-s-statutory-interpretation-web)
- LL. M., University of Missouri, School of Law, Columbia, U.S.A.
- Certified Mediator under Rule 17 of the Missouri Supreme Court
- LL. B., Faculty of Law, University of Delhi