Farid’s disputes practice extends to appearing in all Civil Courts, High Court, Consumer forums, Small Causes Court, Co-operative Court, Revenue Tribunals, and some of the Magistrate and Session Courts in Mumbai. As an Advocate on Record of the Supreme Court of India, Farid also regularly appears before the Supreme Court of India. Farid specializes in corporate, commercial litigation and arbitrations and appears regularly for banks and business houses before the Debt Recovery Tribunal (DRT) and the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) as well. He also regularly appears before the authorities under the Real Estate (Regulation and Development Act) 2016. Although based in Mumbai, he has handled dispute matters for Banks and business houses, in Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Delhi, Chennai, Goa, Lucknow, Kolkata and Bangalore as well. He has also represented both the State Government and Central Government in international commercial arbitrations in London, proceedings before the High Court and the Supreme Court of India. He has also handled commercial litigations for banks and corporate houses before the Commercial Courts in London, United States of America and Zambia.
Farid also has extensive experience in handling real estate transactions from investigation of title to drafting transactional documents. He regularly advises business houses and relators in all aspects of real estate transactions and strategizing acquisition and sale of immoveable property. Farid also advises on special laws relating to redevelopment of societies and slum rehabilitation. His clients which include some of the top relators, banks and high net individuals have engaged him on issues relating to SEZ’s, townships, acquisition of agricultural land, setting up townships, slum rehabilitation, society development and has advised clients in some of the most complex real estate and conveyancing transactions. Farid also advises in succession planning, and general advise relating to various laws in India.
Farid has been practicing law since 2000. Before joining JSA, Farid was with Wadia Ghandy & Co., one of India’s oldest law firms for 19 years and he was a partner there for 12 years.
Farid has also been enlisted in the Legal Powerlist 2021 by Forbes India as the Top Individual Lawyer above 10 years experience.
Farid has also been rated by Asia Legal Business as:
- the top 50 Super Lawyers in India for the year 2020;
- the 50 Super Dispute Lawyers in Asia for the year 2022;
- the top 40 Dispute Lawyers in India for the year 2022;
- the top 50 Super Lawyers in India for the year 2023.
Farid has also been enlisted as a Leading Lawyer in Arbitration, Litigation and Dispute Resolution by Legal Era for the year 2023.
- Member of the Bar Council of Maharashtra and Goa;
- Member of the Bombay Incorporated Law Society;
- Advocate on Record of the Supreme Court of India.
- Caution: Home buying in progress- The Times of India – Times Property dated 2nd August 2019;
- Precautions to take when you go on a house-hunt- Magic bricks dated 5th August 2019;
- Parent Trap- The Times of India – Times Property dated 6th September 2019;
- Property Agreements: Things to know Realty+ Magazine – Issue 3 November 2019;
- Laws that govern a minor’s ownership of real estate- The Times of India – Times Property dated 23rd November 2019;
- Do parents have a right over their child’s property- The Times of India – Times Property dated 14th December 2019;
- Real estate market in Mumbai is on a route to recovery-99 acres.com dated 14th January 2020;
- Major queries on a Minor’s ownership of property, answered- The Times of India – Times Property dated 18th January 2020;
- The curious case of CC and OC- The Times of India – Times Property dated 28th February 2020;
- Small giveaways disappoint the Real Estate Market- EPC&I magazine dated 11th March 2020;
- Co-author of the Chambers Global Practise Guide in respect of India Law and Practice for the year 2020;
- Under extraordinary circumstances- The Times of India – Times Property dated 24th July 2020;
- Your legal checklist- The Times of India – Times Property dated 21st August 2020;
- Housing woes- The Times of India – Times Property dated 28th August 2020;
- Housing woes- The Times of India – Times Property dated 14th September 2020;
- Rental woes- The Times of India – Times Property dated 30th October 2020;
- Focus back on Force Majeure- The Times of India – Times Property dated 21st November 2020;
- Budget 2021: Expected measures which will benefit Real -99 acres.com dated 18th January 2021;
- An easy guide to file a complaint with MahaRera- The Times of India dated 8th February 2021;
- Co-author of the Chambers Global Practise Guide in respect of India Law and Practice for the year 2021;
- When the deceased does not leave behind a Will, the property is inherited as per the personal law of the deceased- The Times of India dated 30th August 2021;
- Noida Supertech towers demolition verdict by Supreme Court” The Mint dated 4th September, 2021;
- Power of attorney is the key to remote home owner- The Times of India dated 1st October, 2021;
- All you need to know about home insurance – The Times of India dated 18th April, 2022;
- Co-author of the Chambers Global Practise Guide in respect of India Law and Practice for the year 2022;
- Why home insurance is important – The Times of India dated 7th October, 2023.
- B.L.S., LL.B -Government Law College, Mumbai, 2000
- Solicitor -Bombay Incorporated Law Society, 2002
- Advocate on Record of the Supreme Court of India, 2012