Avni’s focus areas include corporate commercial disputes, including pre-litigation strategic advisory, litigation, arbitrations and corporate insolvencies.
She advises clients in insolvency proceedings, recovery proceedings, high stake shareholders disputes, tribunal approved mergers, civil and commercial suits before the Supreme Court of India, various High Courts, the National Company Law Tribunal, National Company Law Appellate Tribunal, Consumer Disputes Redressal Forums, arbitral tribunals and quasi-judicial bodies. Avni has advised clients extensively in investigations (both internal and external). She regularly advises clients in domestic and international arbitrations.
Prior to joining JSA, Avni worked with PepsiCo India Holdings Private Limited where she handled the company’s beverages and litigation portfolio.
Bar Counsel of Delhi
- Reforming Commercial Litigation in India during Covid
- Supreme Court refers question of “Whether a person being himself ineligible to be an arbitrator can appoint an arbitrator?” to larger bench
- Delhi High Court directs Telegram to disclose information of persons running channel/accounts in case of infringement of copyright
- Madras high court holds that all directors are vicariously liable for offences under the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940
- Supreme Court: Dues under the SARFAESI Act will prevail over MSMED Act
B.S.L. LL.B, Indian Law Society’s Law College (2018)