Archana has worked in private equity, capital markets and general corporate teams and has primarily worked on investments by private equity investors in unlisted companies and offerings of equities and securities by listed and unlisted companies. Her role of transactions has typically involved, inter alia, advising on structuring of the transaction, drafting and negotiating on behalf of clients for the execution of various agreements, participating in drafting sessions, drafting and reviewing the offer documents, participating in due diligence for investments and offerings of securities, drafting and reviewing communications with the Securities and Exchange Board of India.
In addition, Archana routinely advises clients in relation to compliance with corporate laws, exchange control laws and employment laws.
Archana is part of JSA’s startup practice, and routinely advises startups in relation to their operational activities as well as fundraising activities.
Archana has also been recognized as a notable practitioner by IFLR1000 since 2018, and has been recognized as a client-recommended practitioner of corporate law by RSG Consulting.
She has been practicing law since 2008. Before joining JSA, she was associated with M/s. Crawford Bayley & Co., one of India’s oldest law firms.
Bar Council of Maharashtra & Goa
- Co-authored the article “Re-evaluating ESOPS in the time of the COVID-19 pandemic” published in CNBC18 on May 07, 2020.
- Authored the article “Sealing the deal: six key points” published in Entrepreneur India magazine on September 13, 2019.
- Co-authored two articles on the regulatory sandbox, published in the IBLJ and another publication.
- Authored an article titled “Strategic ecommerce investments and the legal conundrum, trends to watch out for” published in Sify.com on August 01, 2019.
- Authored an article titled “Dealing with employment laws in the workplace” published in Consultancy.in in June 2019.
- Co-authored an article titled “Sub-leasing of space by companies with FDI” published in Realty Plus Magazine on May 08, 2019.
- Co-authored the article “Mandatory KYC: Will small e-wallet players survive” published in the Financial Express and other publications on February 19, 2019.
- Co-authored the article “Foreign Companies – Necessary Regulations or Regulatory Overreach” published in the Financial Express.
- Authored the article “New Disclosure Requirements Perplex Companies” published in Fortune India on August 15, 2018.
- Co-authored the article “Decoding the beneficial ownership rules” published in Fortune India on July 17, 2018.
B.A., LL.B., University Law College Bangalore (2008)
- Tamil (rudimentary)
- French (rudimentary)