Archana specialises in advising on investments by private equity investors in unlisted companies as well as offerings of equities and securities by listed and unlisted companies. Having worked in private equity, capital markets and general corporate teams, her role as a partner typically involves advising clients on the structure of transactions as well as drafting and negotiating on behalf of clients for the execution of various agreements. Archana routinely advises clients on compliance issues related to corporate law, exchange control law and employment law.
In addition, Archana participates in due diligence for investments and offerings of securities, including participating in sessions to draft and review the offer documents. She monitors the drafting and reviewing of communications with the Securities and Exchange Board of India.
A part of JSA’s startup practice, Archana routinely advises startups on their operational activities as well as fundraising activities.
Some of Archana’s recent assignments include:
- Advising a leading global marketplace model e-commerce entity in relation to its investment into India’s fastest growing e-commerce website operator, as well as the sale of the investor’s India operations to the target. The aggregate value of the client’s investment is approximately USD 725 million. The deal is considered the largest e-commerce deal in India
- Advising a sovereign wealth fund in its investment in one of the largest real estate companies in India. The transaction involved investment in equity and debt securities of the target company and the scope of work encompassed structuring the investments, conducting due diligence and drafting and negotiating transaction documents. The total investment made by the sovereign wealth fund was approximately INR 12.4 billion
- Advising and assisting Amazon in relation to its acquisition of 20% stake (through primary acquisition) in A&A Dukaan Financial Services Private Limited (the company which operates the website - www.bankbazaar.com) for US$ 40 million. Also advised Amazon on other general corporate matters
- Advising Reliance Capital Limited and Reliance Capital Asset Management Limited in connection with their secured debt investments in companies developing various real estate projects in Bangalore
- Advising Red Fort Capital in relation to an investment of approximately INR 3,500 million for acquiring an equity stake in Hoary Realty Limited to develop a property situated at Hindoostan Mills, Prabhadevi, Mumbai
- Advised a large real estate investment trust, based in the USA, in relation to its investments and exits in India
- Advised FullContact Inc. in relation to the acquisition of the business of Profoundis Labs Private Limited. Profoundis is engaged in the development of software
- Advised a large financial services entity and a large hardware manufacturing company in relation to general corporate and compliance matters
- Advised a large, listed software development company in relation to payment gateway systems
- Routinely advises multinational corporations in relation to general corporate and employment law compliances
Archana has been practising law since 2008. Before joining JSA, she was associated with M/s. Crawford Bayley & Co, one of India’s oldest law firms.