Amar is amongst the founding members of JSA’s Disputes Practice. He has extensive experience in commercial litigation, arbitration and regularly argues at various fora. He advises and represents key clients and has conducted high profile litigations before the Supreme Court of India, High Courts, National Company Law Tribunals (formerly Company Law Board) of various States, and other Tribunals. Several of the legal proceedings Amar has acted and appeared in, have resulted in landmark judgments reported in reputed journals. Amar is often invited as an expert in his areas of practice in seminars and conferences.
He also has extensive experience in the conduct of both domestic and international commercial arbitration and is a member of the ICC Commission on Arbitration and ADR, and the Executive Committee of ICC India.
Amar is also focusing on recently introduced Insolvency Law. He has represented and advised Financial Creditors, Operational Creditors as well as Resolution Professionals.
Amar also has expertise in Environmental Law and has conducted proceedings before National Green Tribunal and its Benches on behalf of the industries.
Chambers and Partners has constantly ranked Amar has one of the finest litigation lawyers. They have also mentioned that “Amar Gupta is noted for his strong expertise in civil and corporate commercial litigations. He is also adept at representing clients in arbitrated disputes arising in a range of areas, including joint venture agreement, trade and infrastructure project spheres.”
- Bar Council of Delhi
- Indian Council of Arbitration
- ICC Commission on Arbitration
- Executive Committee of ICC India
- “Allow Internet the same constitutional rights as print media” published in Fortune India, Feb-20
- “International Arbitration – Trends and Developments (India)” published in Chambers Global Practice Guides – International Arbitration, 13 September 2017
- B.A. (Honours) Economics University of Delhi (1987)
- LL. B., University of Delhi (1991)