Aarthi’s practice focuses on the full spectrum of corporate laws and transactional matters: mergers and acquisitions, private equity, foreign collaborations including joint ventures, strategic alliances, licensing transactions and emerging growth and venture capital transactions. She has significant experience in the technology sector, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, outsourcing, media and entertainment, FMCG and resource industries.
As the lead for the pro bono practice of the firm, Aarthi had led the firm’s cross-office attorney team in efforts relating to the ability of technology providers to supervise media content, which was awarded the 2017 Trust Law Collaboration Award. Her team was also nominated as a recipient for the 2016 Trust Law Impact Award for its comparative law perspective on rights related to women acid violence survivors.
Her recent transactions include:
- Advised Multiples Private Equity Funds in the strategic buyout of Peoplestrong HR Services Private Limited
- Advised Global Hospitals in its acquisition by Parkway Pantai’s Gleneagles Development Pte Ltd.
- Advised Trivitron Healthcare Private Limited in a joint venture with Dutch based fund, Investment Funds for Health in Africa
- Advised Polaris Consulting and Services Limited on its sale to Virtusa Corporation Worked with Southern Health Foods Private Limited in the sale of its shares held by existing shareholders to Morgan Stanley
- Advised Neuberg Diagnostics Private Limited in its acquisition of South African pathology chain, Global Clinical and Virology Laboratory Worked with Veritas Finance Private Limited in receiving investment from CDC Group Plc and Lok Capital Growth Fund
- Advised Equitas Holdings Private Limited in each of its capital raises until the IPO
- Worked with Computer Age Management Services Limited, during the significant minority acquisition by the strategic investment arm of National Stock Exchange’s
- Advised REPCO Home Finance in a private equity investment from the Carlyle Group
- Worked with the Carlyle Group in its buyout of Newgen Knowledge Works Private Limited from exiting investors Franklin Templeton Asset Management (India) Private Limited, Aureos South Asia Fund (Holdings) L.L.C and ePlanet Ventures Mauritius Limited
Aarthi started her practice in the US in 2001 as a foreign legal consultant concentrating on the US-India business corridor. In 2010, she co-founded Vichar Partners in Chennai that merged its law practice with J. Sagar Associates in April 2014.