Vishnu’s practice covers diverse areas of Corporate Commercial and Regulatory & Policy. He focuses on advising clients across different verticals viz, Energy (Power), Communications (Telecommunications & Broadcasting), Transport (Surface Transport including Railways & Metro systems), and Urban Infrastructure. In these verticals, he advises clients on multiple issues such as construction, engineering, infrastructure specialty contracting, public procurement and public private partnerships.
Vishnu has been practicing law for more than 20 years and has extensive experience in advising investors, developers, lenders, and governmental agencies on equity, debt, procurement, divestment, project development and related aspects in the energy and infrastructure space. In these verticals Vishnu, handles varied aspects of legal, regulatory and policy issues ranging from:
- M&A: Advising clients on domestic and cross border investments/acquisitions, entry strategies, mergers, transaction structuring, strategic advice, joint venture, technology transfer, investment agreements and private equity funding;
- Legislative, Regulatory & Policy Advisory: Advising clients in drafting, reviewing and implementing regulatory frameworks prevalent in diverse sectors;
- Regulatory Litigation: Advising clients in formulating litigation strategy; and
- PPPs and Project Development: Advising clients on PPPs and project development, which includes assessing the legislative policy at the Central & State level, reviewing the institutional/ regulatory structure, structuring, drafting, reviewing, and negotiating the procurement process, Concession Agreement(s), PPA(s), PTA(s), et al.
He also has an extensive Litigation experience and advises clients in formulating Litigation strategies.
Vishnu served as a visiting faculty on Telecommunication laws at the Indian Law Institute and is a frequent speaker at conferences and training workshops on issues of Telecom laws.
- International Bar Association
- Bar Council of India
- ICLG – Public Procurement
- Highways – IRC (2 papers) LBSI – PPP
- “Rapid Transit System in India Making inroads” – NBM&CW
- “Wanted: A Catalyst For Growth” – EPC World Magazine
- “Infrastructure – The Opportunity and Challenges” – ET Insights
- “Rooftop solar power could be a game-changer for India despite challenges: Here is why” – CNBC TV18
- B.A., LL.B., College of Law, Nagpur University (1999)
- Post Graduate Diploma in International Business Law, International Law Institute (2001)