Vishnu’s practice covers diverse areas of Corporate Commercial and Regulatory & Policy. He focuses on advising clients across different verticals viz, Energy (Power), Communications (Telecommunications & Broadcasting), Transport (Surface Transport including Railways & Metro systems), and Urban Infrastructure. In these verticals, he advises clients on multiple issues such as construction, engineering, infrastructure specialty contracting, public procurement and public private partnerships
Vishnu currently advising Pune Metropolitan Region Development Authority in its projects, viz., Pune Metro Rail Project, New Transport Infrastructure Project in the city of Pune and Pune Ring Road project and Talgo in its matter relating to Chennai Metro Rail Project. Vishnu he assisted the Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance, Government of India on various projects.
Vishnu was appointed as member of the Working Committee Group of Ministry of Shipping, Government of India set up for review of model concession agreement for Port Sector PPP projects.
Vishnu has been practicing law for more than 18 years and has extensive experience in advising Investors, Developers, Lenders, and Governmental Agencies on Equity, Debt, Procurement, Divestment, Project development and related aspects in the Infrastructure space.
He also has an extensive Litigation experience and advises clients in formulating Litigation strategies.
Vishnu served as a visiting faculty on Telecommunication laws at the Indian Law Institute and is a frequent speaker at conferences and training workshops on issues of Telecom laws
In these verticals Vishnu, handles varied aspects of legal, regulatory and policy issues ranging from:
- PPP Project: Advising clients on PPP Projects, which includes assessing the legislative policy at the Central & State level, reviewing the institutional structure, the regulatory regime, structuring, drafting, reviewing, and negotiating the procurement process, Concession Agreement(s), PPA(s), PTA(s), et al;
- M&A: Advising clients on domestic and cross border investments/acquisitions, entry strategies, mergers, transaction structuring, strategic advice, joint venture, technology transfer, investment agreements and private equity funding;
- Project Financing: Advising domestic and international lenders and domestic borrowers on project financing transactions;
- Legislative, Regulatory & Policy Advisory: Advising clients in drafting, reviewing and implementing regulatory frameworks prevalent in diverse sectors; and
- Regulatory Litigation: Advising clients in formulating litigation strategy.
- International Bar Association
- Bar Council of India
- ICLG – Public Procuremen
- Highways – IRC (2 papers) LBSI – PPP
- “Rapid Transit System in India Making inroads” – NBM&CW
- “Wanted: A Catalyst For Growth” – EPC World Magazine
- “Infrastructure – The Opportunity and Challenges” – ET Insights
- “Rooftop solar power could be a game-changer for India despite challenges: Here is why” – CNBC TV18
- B.A., LL.B., College of Law, Nagpur University (1999)
- Post Graduate Diploma in International Business Law, International Law Institute (2001)