Varun has 18 years of practice experience and primarily focuses on M&As, transaction advisory, fund structures/formation, commercial legal opinions, and private client practice. He advices several prominent business houses, promoter families and a host of technology companies and HNIs, relating to their strategic, business, and operational legal requirements.
He has advised on numerous corporate, commercial and M&A transactions across diverse sectors including in sectors such as healthcare, travel & tourism, security services, e-commerce, hospitality, food & beverage, manufacturing, technology, software services, transportation & logistics, pharmaceutical and financial services. He has handled legal documentation and negotiations for several multimillion-dollar M&A transactions.
Prior to joining JSA, and besides working with other top-tier law firms, he was the co-founder and partner with a boutique law firm under the name “Commercial Law Advisors” which merged with JSA, leading to JSA’s expansion in the Chennai / South Indian market.
Awards and Recognition
- Ranked Lawyer in the Corporate M&A category of Chamber & Partners Asia-pacific Guide 2023
- Recognized by Forbes India in their 2022 Legal Powerlist in the top 100 individual lawyers’ category
Bar Council of Tamil Nadu and Puducherry
- A company’s POEM cannot determine its ownership and control status Read More
- SEBI’s Informal Guidance On SAR Scheme May Need A Relook! Read More
- Why removal of independent directors is not an ordinary affair Read More
- SEBI Regulatory Sandbox – A Boost to Fintech Innovation Read More
- FEMA Pricing Guidelines for Non-Residents: An Overhaul Read More
- BSL LLB from Symbiosis Law College, Pune
- Company Secretary from the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI)