Uttara’s practice area focuses on finance specifically debt capital markets of bonds, MTNs and FCCBs. She has extensive experience in the debt capital market sphere, with particular reference to issuances of off- shore/ foreign bonds by Indian corporates and banks including issuances of Medium Term Notes/ Bonds by banks and corporates. Uttara has been involved in varied marquee capital market transactions, and has represented JSA in advising clients.
Uttara specialises in capital market transactions, including initial public offerings (IPOs), rights issues, qualified institutions placements (QIPs), global depository receipts (GDR) issuances and foreign currency convertible bond (FCCB) offerings by Indian companies.
Some of her recent advisory work includes:
- Advised Export-Import Bank of India in connection with its issue of US$1 billion 3.875 per cent Notes due 2028 under the US$10 Billion Global MediumTerm Note Programme
- Advised State Bank of India in connection with its Issue of US$ 300 Million Additional Tier 1 Notes acting through its Dubai International Financial Centre Branch under the U.S.$10 Billion Medium Term Note Programme
- Advised Indian Railway Finance Corporation Limited in connection with its issue of US$ 500 Million Green Bonds and its listing on the Global Securities Market (GSM) platform of BSE’s India International Exchange (India INX) at the Gujarat International Finance-Tec City (GIFT– City)
- Advised Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited in connection with the (a) issue of U.S. $ 1 Billion Guaranteed Senior Notes comprising U.S. $ 400 Million 2.875 per cent Guaranteed Senior Notes due 2022 and (b) U.S. $ 600 Million 3.75 per cent Guaranteed Senior Notes due 2026 by ONGC Videsh Vankorneft Pte. Ltd., guaranteed by ONGC
- Advised the Joint Book Runners in connection with the issue of US$ 800 Million 3. 667% Senior Unsecured Fixed Rate Notes Due 2027 by Reliance Industries Limited
- Advised Lodha Developers Private Limited in connection with the issue of US$ 125 Million Guaranteed Bonds (tap issue) due 2020 by Lodha Developers International Limited, and guaranteed by, Lodha Developers Private Limited, along with co- guarantors
Uttara commenced her career with Crawford, Bayley & Co, as a Solicitor. She has completed more than seventeen years in corporate practice as a Solicitor. She is qualified as a Solicitor in India and England & Wales.