Soumitra specializes in Banking & Finance. He works closely with Indian and multinational banks, development financial institutions, commodity finance houses, non banking finance companies as well as corporates, for structuring, due diligence, documentation and negotiations, in relation to, and execution and closing of
- Bilateral/ syndicated credit facilities to Indian borrowers, for capital expenditure, working capital, project financing and acquisition financing (on secured/ unsecured/ limited recourse basis).
- Guaranteed credit facilities to overseas subsidiaries of Indian entities, inter alia, for the purpose of overseas acquisitions and leveraged buy-outs.
- Cross border/ domestic structured finance and trade finance transactions.
- Advisory on banking products.
- Creation and perfection of security interest on Indian assets.
- Structuring and implementing debt and quasi-debt transactions compliant with Indian exchange control and banking regulations.
- Issuance of non convertible bonds (on private placement basis).
- Strategies on enforcement of security interest, and (ix) corporate debt restructuring (statutory as well as contractual) and insolvency related matters.
- Bar Council of Maharashtra & Goa
- INSOL India
- “Infrastructure Companies: Are we really hedged?” IBLJ, Volume 12, Issue 6, Page 62, February 2019
- “CIRP Moratorium & Third Party Obligations”, INSOL India Newsletter, Vol 10, Issue April, May 04, 2018
- “Walk the Tight Rope” Financial Chronicle, February 20, 2018, http://epaper.mydigitalfc.com/articledetailpage.aspx?id=10074974
- “ECA’s & the ECB Policy”, Business World online, September 11, 2015 at http://cdn.businessworld.in/banking-finance-personal-finance-loans/ecas-and-ecb policy#sthash.15uWTLyD.dpbs
- “Credit Where Credit’s Due” India Business Law Journal, Volume 7, Issue 5, Page 43, November 2013
- “Predatory Pricing Law In India Under The Competition Act, 2002” The European Competition Law Review, 2008, Volume 1, Page 70
- “Islamic Finance: Trade Finance Through Murabaha & Housing Finance Through Ijara” Consolidated Commercial Digest, Volume 15, Part 4, Page 275, October 15, 2006
- “Dynamic Nature Of Hedge Funds” SEBI & Corporate Laws, Volume LXXI, Part 4, Page 106, October 23, 2006
- “Securitisation & Non – Performing Assets”, SEBI & Corporate Laws, Volume LXVI, Part 6, Page 245, March 27, 2006
B.A. LL.B (Hons), West Bengal National University of Jurifical Sciences (2007)