Sidharth’s practice covers diverse areas of commercial litigation including insolvency proceedings before the National Company Law Tribunal, arbitration and alternative dispute resolution, constitutional & administrative law litigation, proceedings related to penal laws, white-collar crimes, corporate and forensic investigation.
He has significant exposure to international arbitrations (domestic and foreign seated, and institutional as also ad hoc), involving disputes arising from joint venture agreements, shareholder agreements, share purchase agreements, EPC contracts and various other commercial contracts.
He has considerable experience in litigations involving shareholders’ disputes and has, over the last several years, represented various clients in these disputes before the National Company Law Tribunal and various Company Courts.
Sidharth has been regularly advising and acting for clients in the realm of administrative and constitutional law. Sidharth has appeared and handled litigations for clients in more than fifteen High Courts of India.
Sidharth is also an Advocate-on-Record at the Supreme Court of India.
Some of the recent key assignments handled by Sidharth are:
- Acting for a state-owned industrial corporation in an international arbitration arising from its disputes with the foreign shareholder in the affairs relating to a leading petrochemical plant in India
- Acting for a leading German company engaged in the manufacture of rubber to metal bonded products in its disputes with the Indian joint venture partner
- Acting for a leading toner manufacturing company of Japan in its disputes with the Indian joint venture partner
- Acting for a Private Equity investor in its contractual and shareholder disputes with government-backed promoter entities in India’s only PPP water utility in South India
- Acting for a leading Indian infrastructure finance company in its disputes arising from a shareholder’s agreement; and also advising and acting for the same company in various proceedings under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code
- Advising and acting for a leading German automobile corporation in various consumer litigations across India
- Advising and acting for an American multinational automaker in various disputes with the dealers appointed by it in India
- Acting for a renowned Indian Engineering, Procurement and Construction company in arbitrations relating to its disputes arising from contracts for construction of railway tunnels in Jammu & Kashmir
- Advised and acted for a global ground handling company engaged in providing airport services in an international arbitration arising from its disputes with the Indian shareholder
- Acted for a leading global healthcare company in an international arbitration arising from its disputes with the Indian shareholder
- Acted for a leading coal and metals sourcing and trading company from Australia in its disputes arising from a contract for supply of hard coking coal
- Advised and acted for an association of drug manufacturers before the Supreme Court challenging the ‘Product Approval’ advisory issued by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India
- Acted for one of India’s largest mining company in its disputes with the state government concerning payment of royalty on mining minerals
- Conducted arbitration proceedings on behalf of a major Indian construction company in relation to its disputes with various state-owned oil companies arising from contracts for laying of pipeline projects in India
- Advised and acted for a leading construction company of Kazakhstan in an arbitration relating to its disputes arising from a project for setting up of a refinery at Bathinda, Punjab
- Acted for a leading travel technology services company in an arbitration initiated against it by a company operating scheduled and non-scheduled commercial airline in India
Sidharth graduated in 2007 and has been with JSA since August 2008. Prior to joining the firm, Sidharth worked as the law clerk-cum-research assistant with a judge of the Supreme Court of India.