Ms. Shivpriya Nanda has over 30 years of extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructuring, strategic joint ventures, and corporate advisory. She has represented several marquee clients over the years and has been consistently sought out as a valued advisor by her clients for her incisive and business-oriented advice.
Having spent her initial years as a litigator in a premier law chamber, Ms. Nanda brings to the table added disputes insight to transactions that she has advised several Fortune 500 companies on, whether they relate to acquisitions or divestments, complicated strategic alliances, restructurings, shareholder issues, bribery and anti-corruption investigations, technology licensing and transfers or senior management engagement and exits.
Ms. Nanda has spearheaded sectors with specific regulatory challenges such as defence, retail, education, mining, aviation, real estate, food and food processing, ITES, and has been instrumental in steering several large foreign investments into India in these sectors. She has represented clients such as British Petroleum Wal-Mart, Michelin, EMAAR, KFC and Pizza Hut, Fidelity, Frankfurt Airport, Posco, Pernod Ricard and Hindustan Times amongst others.
Ms. Nanda has also advised several clients on complex employment issues involving large-scale workforce restructuring and transfers, C Suite hiring, departures and disciplinary issues
Ms. Nanda has been consistently ranked as a top tier lawyer in various publications. She has been ranked as one of the leading lawyers by Legal 500, IBLJ and Chambers consecutively for the past several years. She has also received several client recommendations including in RSG.
Currently she serves as the Co-Chair of its Corporate Practice.
Ms. Nanda is passionate about giving back to the community and is the founding member of the Society of Women Lawyers in India. She has for several years in the past spearheaded pro-bono activities of the Firm and serves on the Pro Bono Council of Trust Law.
- Bar Council of Delhi
- International Bar Association
- Inter-Pacific Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Shivpriya has also written and published various articles related to legal, regulatory and contractual issues including the following: –
- “Will private employers have flexibility to take employment decisions during lockdown?” – ET HR World
- Mining in India – “Thomson Reuters Practical Law Energy & Natural Resources Global Guide: India” – Thomson Reuters
- Partners court agile technologies – The Economic Times
- GDPR: Why does a law enacted in Europe affect businesses in India” – Economic Times
- ‘GDPR will affect Indian Companies with EU links – The Forbes India
- ‘Ordinance amending insolvency code is not just for homebuyers’ – Mint
- Article titled “Fighting it out – negotiating the best deal for yourself’’ published in Lexology, on 29th August 2016.
- Article titled “Doing the paperwork- What should co-founders pre-agree upon” published in Business Standard online (Smart Investor) on February 1, 2016.
- Article titled “Presenting your idea to the world – How can entrepreneurs differentiate themselves” published in Business Standard on February 8, 2016.
- Article titled “Generating money – Types of funding that an entrepreneur needs and when” published in Business Standard online on February 15, 2016.
- Article titled “Rajasthan hits the ground running” published in The Hindu Business Line on January 5, 2015.
- Article titled “What does an entrepreneur need to have in place?” published in Business Standard online on December 21, 2015
- Article titled “Money That Hangs Online” published in The Economic Times
- B.A. (Honours), Lady Shri Ram College, University of Delhi (1984)
- LL. B., University of Delhi (1987)