Sandeep specialises in foreign investments, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, collaborations, technology transfers, inbound and outbound investments, takeovers, business transfers, restructuring, reconstruction and related transactions. He has been advising Indian and foreign clients on corporate, commercial, employment, real estate laws and related legislations.
Some of the key assignments handled by Sandeep cover the following: -
- Represented Oman Oil Company S.A.O.C. for investment of INR 12000 million (US$ 225 million) by acquiring 50% of the equity share capital of Bharat Oman Refineries Limited (“BORL”) and joint venture with Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (“BPCL”) in which BPCL holds 50% of the equity share capital of BORL
- Represented Saint-Gobain Galss Grop, France, in its acquisition by way of slump sale of the float glass business of Sezal Glass Limited at Jhagadia, Dist. Bharuch, Gujarat
- Represented Interpublic Group, U.S.A. through IPG Mediabrands Singapore PTE. LTD. on the acquisition of majority shareholding of Interactive Avenues Marketing Solutions Private Limited from Westbridge Ventures Investments, Anupam Mittal And Management Shareholders
- Represented Bureau Veritas Group, France on the acquisition of majority ownership from the promoter shareholders in Sievert Group engaged in testing, analysis and quality assurance system businesses in India and the Middle-East
- Represented Reliance Communications Limited (Part of Anil D. Ambani Group) on preparation, negotiation and execution of transaction documents for de-merger of its wireless business and merger of such business into Aircel Limited (Part of Maxis Group, Malaysia) and acquisition of 50% shareholding of Aircel Limited by Reliance Communications Limited
- Represented American & Efird Global, LLC, U.S.A. (A&E) (a part of KPS Capital Partner’s Portfolio Companies) to acquire majority ownership of Vardhman Yarns and Threads Limited (Vardhman Yarns and Threads), joint venture company, from its joint venture partner, Vardhman Textiles LTD. (Vardhman Textiles). Vardhman Yarns and Threads is the second–largest manufacturer and distributor of premium quality industrial and consumer sewing thread in India
Sandeep Mehta’s legal experience spans over twenty-four years. He has been a partner with JSA since 2008. Prior to joining JSA, he was a partner with Little and Co., Advocates and Solicitors for over six years.