Probir specializes in Corporate Commercial, Venture/Private Equity and Information Technology/FinTech.
He has been involved in corporate transactions focused on the high technology industry including cross border Mergers & Acquisitions. His transactional practice includes advice on Transaction Structuring, Entry Strategies and Foreign Exchange Regulations. He liaises with Government Regulators on a regular basis for cross border transactions. He has considerable experience in the Venture Capital/Private Equity Practice and has been involved in providing structuring advice for Venture Capital / Private Equity Funds and has assisted in setting up the overseas & India operations of the funds including assisting the funds in making investments in portfolio companies.
Probir’s niche practice area involves Information Technology/FinTech. He has advised and regularly advises global technology conglomerates on various areas of Information Technology Law including Outsourcing, Data Protection and E-commerce issues. He has experience of providing general advice on content, negotiating carrier agreements and networking matters to IT & communications companies and their users, in international, public and private sectors. He has extensively advised and assisted his clients on various product and service offerings, including payment structures, direct carrier billing systems and contractual arrangements with payment aggregators, digital enablement service platforms, hub-based domestic person-to-person money remittance technology solutions, products for financial inclusion and for direct card to merchant payments, among others.
He has worked on the launch and operation of unified payment interface (UPI) based web payments applications, structuring payment flows for purchases of digital content available on a digital marketplace, hub based domestic person to person money remittance technology solutions and regularly advises clients in relation to the interplay between Indian payment system regulations and foreign exchange laws.
He was voted as the Next Generation Lawyer for TMT by Legal 500 and has been ranked by the RSG ratings as well.
He has been practicing law since 2004.
- Karnataka State Bar Council
- Honorary Fellow of the Association of Fellows & Legal Scholars of the Centre for International Legal Studies
- Cookies & Similar Technologies published by OneTrustData Guidance – June 2020
- Governing the Gateways: Ambiguities in RBI’s Guidelines on Payment Aggregators published by ET BFSI – April 2020
- Direct selling dilemma: Decoding the Delhi High Court ruling and its impact on e-commerce firms published by CNBC TV18 – July 2019
- Will small e-wallet players survive published by Financial Express – February 2019
- FinTech 2019 Guide published by Chambers -April 2019
- B.S.L,LL.B., Symbiosis Law College, University of Pune (2004)
- Diploma in Corporate Laws, ILS Law College, University of Pune