Kartikeya specializes in projects, regulatory and policy related work in the infrastructure sector. He has advised domestic and international clients (including developers, investors, banks, multilateral agencies, governments, and government authorities) on diverse matters spanning contractual, transactional and regulatory issues. His areas of focus include energy (electricity and renewable energy), transportation (roads, railways, and ports), mines and minerals, construction and engineering, and urban infrastructure (metro railways, sanitation, and water).
His work has involved drafting, negotiating, and reviewing various contractual arrangements, including concession agreements, tender documents, power purchase agreements, transmission service agreements, EPC arrangements, and O&M arrangements. His experience covers public private partnerships (on both the buy-side and sell-side) in multiple infrastructure sectors. He has also been involved in assisting government authorities in drafting and reviewing primary and subordinate legislation.
He is a frequent contributor of articles on the infrastructure sector in notable publications. He has also been recognised as a ‘Rising Star’ by the IFLR1000 2020 rankings.
Bar Council of Delhi
- “Infrastructure – The Opportunity and Challenges” published in the ET Insights in February, 2019 (Co-written with Mr. Amit Kapur, Mr. Vishnu Sudarsan, Mr. Ashish Suman, Ms. Sugandha Somani Gopal and Mr. Akshat Jain)
- “Rail Transport – India” published in Getting the Deal Through – Rail Transport 2020 in October, 2019 (Co-written with Mr. Vishnu Sudarsan and Mr. Ashish Suman)
- “The ‘Smart’ Strategy for India’s Urban Future” published in Oil Asia Journal in October, 2019 (Co-written with Mr. Ashish Suman)
- “Infrastructure: The Key to Development” published in EPC World in June, 2019 (Co-written with Mr. Ashish Suman)
India chapter in Chambers & Partners – Alternative Energy & Power 2019 (Co-written with Mr. Amit Kapur, Mr. Vishnu Sudarsan and Ms. Sugandha Somani Gopal)
- “New Privatisation Model to Help Airports Take Off” published in India Business Law Journal in June, 2019 (Co-written with Mr. Ashish Suman)
- “Hyperloop Technology: A Square Peg?” published in Fortune India in April, 2019 (Co-written with Mr. Ashish Suman)
- B.A. LL.B. (Hons.), Gujarat National Law University (2011)
- Master of Public Policy, University of Edinburgh (2016)