Harshit’s focus areas are banking & finance, project finance and trade finance. His experience includes work on matters pertaining to foreign currency lending, rupee financing and security creation in relation thereto. He has advised and assisted clients with their documentation with respect to general lending & financing mandates, project finance deals in relation to sectors such as power, manufacturing, construction, rails, mines, etc., resource raising transactions by way of interbank borrowings, bank finance to NBFCs, etc, and transactions involving financial commitment by way of overseas direct investments.
He has also played instrumental role in structuring and strategizing transactions pertaining to shipping finance, construction finance and real estate financing (including transactions involving lease rental discounting mechanisms).
Harshit draws nexus from his exposure to the financial sector in structuring and strategizing security arrangements in relation to charge over movables, immovables, tangible and intangible assets for banks, financial institutions and corporates in their financial dealings and further advises them on stamp duty implications for a varied array of financing documents and in ensuring amenability with various execution formalities.
Harshit also advises on general regulatory and advisory aspects pertaining to the financial sector, including matters involving transition from IBORs, Non-MCLR based lending, etc. He is known for his problem solving and business friendly approach, while providing clients with legal solutions.
Before joining JSA, he was working with Juris Corp, another banking & finance law firm in India.
Bar Council of Delhi
- BW Legal World – Social Loan Principles – An Innovation Under Sustainable Lending (Available here)
- International Bar Association – Transitioning from LIBOR – the road ahead for the Indian banking sector (Available here)
- VCCircle – How investors, authorities can check greenwashing and boost green financing (Available here)
- International Bar Association – Regulating Cryptocurrency in India (Available here)
- Law Street India – Refinancing Amid COVID-19 Crisis – A Silver Lining! (Available here)
B.B.A – LL.B. (Hons.), The NorthCap University, Gurgaon (formerly ITM University) (2016)