Gerald provides comprehensive and extensive counsel on matters pertaining to the Real Estate Sector. During his 14 years career with J. Sagar Associates his expertise in the Real Estate area has provided him with opportunities to counsel various significant Indian and Overseas Clients.
Gerald’s Real Estate practice covers Property Due Diligence, Land Acquisition and Aggregation, Project Management for Aggregators, Transfers, Leasing, Estate Management and Investment Structuring for Real Estate Projects.
Gerald advises Infrastructure Companies on matters relating to Development of Land and related matters.
He is presently engaged in advising several transactions involving the acquisition and aggregation of large parcels of land for setting up industrial units.
He also advises real estate developers and land owners in disputes arising from development and contracting activities and appears before various forums, including civil courts and the high courts. He is a trained mediator and participates extensively in mediations for settlement of real estate disputes.
Gerald’s key representative transactions are:
- Advised one of the renowned builders in India, Godrej Properties Limited, in connection with the acquisition and development of about 101 Acres of residential land near Devanahalli, Bengaluru
- Advised a large multinational manufacturing company SABMiller India Limited now called Anheuser-Busch InBev in closure of its factory unit in Bengaluru, Karnataka, and also in the negotiation and sale of its approximately 13 acres of land parcel situated in Yeshwanthpur, Bengaluru North Taluk. The deal value was approximately INR 218 Crore
- Advised a Dutch multinational company SHV Energy Private Limited for their proposed sale of industrial land measuring about 43 Acres 35 Cents in Vandalur, Chennai
- Advised Shriprop Properties Private Limited and its promoter, Shriram Properties Private Limited in respect of an investment by DRI India Co., Ltd, a Japanese affiliate of the Mitsubishi Corporation in compulsorily convertible debentures aggregating INR 1,785,000,000 (Rupees One Billion Seven Hundred Eighty-Five Million)
- Advised and assisted Nutreco International B.V., a Dutch animal nutrition and aqua feed multi-national firm and a subsidiary of SHV Holdings N.V., a Dutch multi-national company, in connection with its joint venture entity, with the West Coast Group. The value of the deal was approximately Euro 16.3 million
- Advised and assisted the Fung Strategic Group in relation to its primary investment in 10i Commerce Services Private Limited, an entity which owns and operates ShopX, a B2B marketplace which inter alia connects retailers and traders with manufacturers and brands