Gaurav’s practice covers Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity, Corporate Structuring and Restructuring, and General Corporate Commercial matters (including data privacy and white-collar crime investigations).
He is an acclaimed transactional lawyer with around 10 years of experience – representing a wide variety of clients for inbound and outbound investments. With his experience, he understands the issues that arise in transactions and believes in providing practical solutions.
He also advises clients on setting up and day-to-day business operations in India.
Awards and Recognition
- Recognized as ALB India Rising Star 2023 by Asian Legal Business, Thomson Reuters.
- ‘Impact Deal of the Year’ by Asialaw Awards 2023.
- International Bar Association – National Representative (India), Young Lawyers’ Committee
- Bar Council of Delhi
- Supreme Court of India Bar Association
Some of the relevant publications of Gaurav, amongst others, include the following:
- ‘The employability of artificial intelligence in the legal sector: should robots aid or call the shots?’ in Technology Law Committee’s publication, International Bar Association, July 2023.
- ‘Shareholder empowerment in India: SEBI’s proposal makes shareholders’ nod more crucial than ever’ in Corporate and M&A Law Committee’s publication, International Bar Association, April 2023.
- ‘Absence of special categories of personal data in India’s digital personal data protection bill, 2022 simplicity at the cost of efficacy?’ in Indian Express’ Express Computer, March 2023.
- ‘Data protection in Metaverse: Ascertaining privacy in the ever-expanding virtual world’ in Economic Times’ ET Edge, December 2022.
- ‘Regulating algorithms through data protection laws: Reigning the unruly horse’ in Economic Times’ ET Edge, October 2022.
- ‘Non-Personal Data Vis-À-Vis Data Protection Regime: Determining The Viability of India’s Inclusive Approach’ in Economic Times’ ET Edge, September 2022.
- ‘Accomodating MedTech within Data Protection Laws: Regulating AI based medical devices and medical data in India’ in Economic Times’ ET Edge, July 2022.
- ‘Overseas Listing through SPACs in India: Retrospection, Evolution and Prospection’ in Mondaq, April 2022.
- ‘Online Gaming Laws in India: An Obstruction In Path Of Prospective Investment’ in Business World Gaming World, February 2022.
- ‘Need for data protection framework for Edtech sector’ in The Times of India, October 2021.
- ‘New FDI norms in E-Commerce: Government caught between the Devil and Deep Sea’,  104 taxmann.com 417.
- ‘Mergers and Acquisitions: Some Digital Issues’ in Corporate Law Adviser, Wolters Kluwer Business Publications, ISSN 0970-8987, Volume 118, Part 4.
- ‘Tech Mergers and Acquisitions: Rise Against the Tide’ in Taxmann’s Corporate Professionals Today, ISSN 0972-818X, Volume 30, Issue 1.
- ‘Company Law Settlement Scheme, 2014: An Analysis’ in Company Law Journal.
- ‘RBI’s Wilful Defaulter Circular: An Analysis of Ionic Metalliks v. Union of India’ in Taxmann’s Corporate Professionals Today, ISSN 0975-9948, Volume 31, Issue 2.
- ‘SEBI Order and Satyam Scandal: Much Needed Impetus’ in Taxmann’s Corporate Professionals Today, ISSN 0975-9948, Volume 30, Issue 8.
- ‘Acceptance of Deposits and the Companies Act, 2013: Stricter Regime’ in Corporate Law Adviser, Wolters Kluwer Business Publications, ISSN 0970-8987, Volume 121, Part 3.
- ‘FDI in Retail E-Commerce: Way Forward’ in Taxmann’s Corporate Professionals Today, ISSN 0975-9948, Volume 29, Issue 6.
- ‘Corporate Social Responsibility: New Mantra Gets Crystallised’ in Corporate Law Adviser, Wolters Kluwer Business Publications, ISSN 0970-8987, Volume 119, Part 3, 2014.
- ‘Corporate Contribution to Political Parties and the Companies Act – Democracy Realized or Defeated’ in Taxmann’s Corporate Professionals Today, ISSN 0975-9948, Volume 29, Issue 8.
- ‘Cross Border Mergers: Implications under the Competition Act, 2002’ in IBLS E-Commerce and Tax Law Journal, ISSN 2154-6347, Volume 1 Issue 6.
- ‘Competition Law and Intellectual Property Laws: Friends or Foes’ in the book titled ‘Consumer Activism, Competition and Consumer Protection’, ISBN 978-8190809-0-3.
- ‘Search for the Perfect Legislation to control Cyber Crime in India’ in IBLS E-Commerce and Tax Law Journal, ISSN 2154-6347, Volume 1 Issue 8.
- ‘Comparative Advertisements and Infringement of Trademarks’ in International Journal of Research in Commerce and Management, ISSN 0976-2183, Volume 2 Issue 11.
- ‘Criminal Liability of Corporations’ in the book titled ‘Selected Essays on Criminal Law’, ISBN 978-81-920809-3-2.
- ‘Jurisdictional Issues in Cyber Crime: Whose Space is Cyber Space’ in the book titled ‘Selected Essays on Criminal Law’, ISBN 978-81-920809-3-2.
B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) (2008-13), Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab (Gold Medalist)