Fatema specialises in private equity, mergers and acquisitions, corporate/business structuring and restructuring, contracting and employment related matters. She has also handled assignments involving commercial litigation, corporate litigation and insolvency proceedings.
Some of Fatema’s recent assignments include:
- Advised Cello group of companies where the promoters of the Cello companies sold its 100% stake in the stationery division under 4 different put and call options to BIC Clichy, a French stationary company for an aggregate consideration of approximately Rs. 2,000 crores
- Represented TG India Holdings Company and Travelocity.com Private Limited in the sale of its entire stake in (i) D. V. Travels Guru Private Limited, engaged in the business of wide array of travel related services and (ii) M/S Desiya Online Travel Distribution Private Limited, engaged in the business of selling travel services to Yatra Online Private Limited for an aggregate consideration of approximately USD 20 million
- Advised and assisted Dempo Shipbuilding and Engineering Private Limited, a leading shipbuilding company in Goa in acquiring 74.11% stake in Modest Infrastructure Limited for an aggregate consideration of approximately Rs. 122 crores
- Advised and assisted Japan based Tsubakimoto Chain Company in acquiring 51% stake in Mahindra Conveyor Systems
- Spearheading a commercial litigation involving a multinational company before the High Court
- Assisting in a family dispute of a leading Indian conglomerate and a leading brand in India before the High Court
- Assisted an operational creditor in initiation of corporate insolvency resolution process under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016
Fatema started her career with JSA in 2009 and has been practising law since then.