Bir is a member of the firm’s corporate and finance practice. He specialises in mergers & acquisitions (both listed and unlisted), private equity (both listed and unlisted), securities law advisory, corporate/business structuring and restructuring as well as general commercial contracting.
Bir’s indicative work experience is as follows:
- Advised Advent and Temasek group entities, in their acquisitions of approximately 34% of shareholding and control of Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals Limited
- Advised Timken India Limited, a subsidiary of The Timken Company, in its acquisition of ABC Bearings Limited
- Advised LIXIL Corporation (owner of brands such as GROHE and American Standard), with its M&A activities in India, including its recent acquisition of Sentini Sanitaryware Private Limited
- Advising a Carlyle group entity in relation to the acquisition of its stake in Visionary RCM Infotech (India) Private Limited
- Advising EM Holdco (a unit of private equity firm KKR) in relation to its primary and secondary investment in Amagi Media Labs Private Limited
- Advised a Temasek group entity in relation to its acquisition of approximately 20% stake in Godrej Agrovet Limited through primary and secondary investments
- Advised promoters of Computer Age Management Services Private Limited and HDFC Limited in the sale of their shareholding in Computer Age Management Services Private Limited
- Advised a Carlyle group entity and the existing shareholders of Cyberoam Technologies Private Limited in relation to the sale of their entire shareholding in Cyberoam Technologies Private Limited to Sophos Limited and its Indian subsidiary
- Advised Nihon Nohyaku Co. Ltd. in its acquisition of approximately 74% of the shareholding of Hyderabad Chemicals Limited from its promoters
- Advised Aktiebolaget Volvo (publ) in relation to the sale of its shares in open market held by it in Eicher Motors Limited, through the block deal mechanism
Bir has been practising law for almost a decade now. He has been associated with JSA ever since he graduated in 2008.