Anjali specialises in commercial arbitrations, litigation and complex corporate insolvencies. She handles a wide variety of matters before the Supreme Court of India, Delhi High Court, the National Company Law Tribunal and the National Company Law Appellate Tribunal and arbitral tribunals.
Anjali has advised clients on several high value arbitrations governed by Indian law and English law, involving shareholder and joint venture disputes, and disputes in the construction, shipping, and oil and gas sectors. She has also represented clients in arbitration-related court proceedings.
In 2017, Anjali assisted the HighLevel Committee constituted by the Government of India under the chairmanship of Justice B. N. Srikrishna in the preparation of their report on the institutionalisation of arbitration in India. The 2019 amendments to the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 are based on the recommendations made in the report.
Apart from arbitrations, she has acted for clients in insolvency proceedings concerning some of the largest NPA accounts such as Bhushan Steel Limited and Bhushan Power and Steel Limited. Anjali also advises clients on a range of regulatory issues and litigation strategy. Anjali also assisted the Bankruptcy Law Reforms Committee in the drafting of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 and related secondary legislation for the Ministries of Finance and Corporate Affairs, Government of India.
Prior to joining JSA, Anjali worked with L&L Partners (formerly Luthra & Luthra Law Offices), Delhi and Clifford Chance LLP in their London, Hong Kong and Frankfurt offices. She is qualified to practice law in India and in England and Wales.
Anjali holds a B.A., LL.B (Hons.) degree from the National Law School of India University, Bangalore and an LL.M degree from the University of Cambridge.
- Bar Council of Kerala
- The Law Society of England and Wales
- Anti-arbitration Injunctions: Delhi High Court Says Nay, Kluwer Arbitration Blog, May 17, 2020 (co-authored with Tamoghna Goswami)
- Choice of Seat or Venue: Supreme Court of India Dithers, Kluwer Arbitration Blog, May 13, 2020 (co-authored with Ashutosh Kumar)
- Getting a move on: Is it time for pre-packaged insolvency in India?, Economic Times, May 16, 2020 (co-authored with Dheeraj Nair)
- Redefining Financial Creditors Under The Insolvency And Bankruptcy Code, Outlook Money, May 11, 2020 (co-authored with Tamoghna Goswami)
- B.A., LL.B (Hons.), National Law School of India University, Bangalore (2013)
- LLM, University of Cambridge (2014)
- German (basic)
- French (basic)