Anish has had extensive international experience in banking & finance related transactions, particularly in structured finance, securitisation and derivatives as well as various bank lending instruments - secured, limited recourse and syndicated. His practice also covers security creation, refinancing of debt, debt restructuring, unlisted debt, trade finance and general banking products. He focuses primarily on banking & finance, financial services and cross border investments & acquisitions.
Anish advises clients on exchange control and banking regulations in relation to debt financing transactions. He has also advised banks and corporations on various trade finance structures and transactions. He has extensively advised one of Europe’s leading private clearing companies on all issues concerning its payment / cash settlement systems in Europe.
Anish is spearheading JSA’s initiative in Gandhinagar’s GIFT City – India’s first IFSC (International Financial Services Centre). He is the firm’s key point of contact for banking related matters in Gandhinagar and Ahmedabad (Gujarat).
Some of his recent assignments are:
- Advised Advent International Corp. on all aspects of its acquisition financing involving Standard Chartered Bank for acquiring a significant stake in Crompton Greaves’ consumer electrical business for INR 20,000 million
- Advised Apollo Tyres Ltd. and its subsidiaries in relation to acquisition financing involving Standard Chartered Bank in their bid to acquire Cooper Tire and Rubber Company for approximately USD 2.5 billion
- Advised Blackstone Group in relation to the financing aspects involving Standard Chartered Bank regarding its buy-out of DLF-Ackruti IT Park in Pune for INR 8.1 billion
- Advised Kinetic Engineering Limited in structuring and concluding its settlement with the bond holders of its USD 18 million FCCBs
- Advised IDBI Bank Ltd. in relation to the USD 336 million financing provided to the Binani Group for its overseas acquisition of the 3B-Fibreglass group
- Advised State Bank of India in relation to Indian law issues with respect to its USD 120 million financing of the Indian Hotels Company Ltd. for structuring its overseas properties
- Advised State Bank of India in relation to its USD 120 million secured financing to Sintex Industries Ltd.
- Advised IDBI Bank Ltd. in relation to the INR 4,500 million secured financing to Sintex Industries Ltd.
- Advised State Bank of India – GIFT City branch – in relation to its inter-bank bilateral facility of USD 100 million each to Yes Bank Ltd and RBL Bank Limited, respectively
- Advised on several privately placed non-convertible debenture issues of Indian companies
- Advised on several discounting and factoring transactions for onshore factors as well as offshore factors
Prior to joining JSA, Anish was a Senior Associate with Hengeler Mueller, Germany’s premier law firm. Anish has also worked in the United States of America as an Associate with Thompson Hine LLP, a leading global law firm.