Akshat specializes in handling sector specific commercial litigation and his primary focus area is regulatory proceedings before statutory authorities, tribunals and courts, commercial litigation, and Constitutional & Administrative law litigation with focus on energy sector.
He handles varied aspects of legal, regulatory and policy issues and is regularly consulted on tariff disputes, open access and captive generating plant issues, disputes relating to force majeure and change in law, transmission and distribution related issues, trading, challenging sub-ordinate legislations/ bye-laws and other disputes relating to energy sector, renewable purchase obligations, EPC disputes.
He regularly appears before the Supreme Court, High Courts, Appellate Tribunal for Electricity, State electricity Regulatory Commissions for private generating companies (conventional and renewable), trading licensees and distribution licensees. He recently advised and represented a generating company in arbitration proceedings and successfully defended the claim for liquidated damages against the company. Akshat was recently recognized as a recommended JSA lawyer in the Disputes practice by RSG India Report 2019.
Akshat has been practicing law since 2010.
- Bar Council of Delhi
- Delhi High Court Bar Association
- ‘Power woes: Govt cracks whip on defaulting discoms, but is it enough?’ published in CNBC TV 18
- ‘Adapting to and Mitigating Climate Change through Legal-Regulatory Frameworks’ alongwith Amit Kapur published in American Bar Association
- Co-authored the White Paper on ‘Infrastructure – The Opportunity and Challenges’ for the Global Business Summit, 2020
- B.B.A.LLB, Symbiosis Law School, Pune