Aditya specialises in corporate practice, covering diverse areas of business structuring and restructuring, commercial and corporate contracts, private trusts and private wealth practice, construction, engineering and infrastructure speciality contracting, mergers & acquisitions, and advising on corporate litigation including insolvency proceedings.
Aditya has also advised several business families on succession planning and trust structures. His advisory includes drafting of family constitutions, restructuring family businesses as well as the creation of trusts and wills.
Some of the key recent assignments handled by Aditya include:
- Assisted Aircel in the initiation of corporate insolvency resolution process under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016
- Advised China Merchants Port Holdings Company Limited in acquiring the rights of development, commercialisation, operation and management of the Port of Hambantota in Sri Lanka including a concession agreement with the Government of Sri Lanka and the Sri Lanka Ports Authority, for a consideration of up to US$ 1.12 Billion
- Advised Aitken Spence, a Sri Lankan company, in the acquisition of port assets in Fiji, including Concession Agreement, Management Services Agreement & Share Purchase and Shareholders’ Agreement
- Advised Dassault Systèmes and 3DPLM Software Solutions Limited, a leading European multinational software company, in their joint venture with Geometric Limited. This included the scheme of arrangement and amalgamation amongst Geometric Limited, 3DPLM Software Solutions Limited and HCL Technologies Ltd.
- Assisted Harsco Group in India-related transaction on the sale of its infrastructure business globally to Brand Energy & Infrastructure Services
- Advised a multinational audit firm in restructuring their management, operations and governance structure in India
- Assisted UK based Avanta group to set up and restructure their business of operating business centres in India
- Advised on structuring exit of the Indian individual shareholder from MX Systems International Private Limited and sale of the individual’s stake to Minimax International GmbH, a Germany based company
- Advised on Syncada India’s sale of one of its divisions engaged in the business of providing IT enabled services and software development to Wipro Limited.
- Advised on Fomento Group’s acquisition of 50% stake in SLR Metaliks Limited that had set up a pig iron plant in Bellary District, Karnataka
- Advised ABP Group during the exit of STAR from Media Content & Communications Services (India) Private Limited (controlled by ABP TV Private Limited)
- Advised CSIR Tech Private Limited, promoted by Entrepreneurship Development Centre, on receiving private equity investment from State Bank of India
- Advised in evaluating Kathrein Group’s rights under the existing joint venture arrangement to buy out the Indian promoter and structure the transaction for the exit of the Indian promoter
- Advised on Woodbridge Group’s acquisition of 100% stake in its joint venture company from the Indian promoters/joint venture partners
- Advised on Aitken Spence Group’s purchase of a Hotel in Chennai from the Rayala Group
- Advised on Atotech acquiring leasehold rights from a third party on a land owned by the Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation
- Aditya is the Legal counsel for IL&FS Tamil Nadu Power Company Limited for the development of the thermal power project in Cuddalore District, Tamil Nadu. His scope of advisory includes drafting, negotiating and finalising the EPC Contracts as well as the operation and maintenance contracts with China-based contractors
Aditya has eleven years of legal experience. Prior to joining JSA, Aditya worked with a leading law firm, Desai & Diwanji.