Vibha has been actively involved in the disputes practice of the firm with a primary focus in the telecommunication sector. Vibha is a litigator who covers the whole spectrum of advisory, risk analysis and arguing matters before specialised Commissions, Tribunals, various High Courts and the Supreme Court of India.
She handles various aspects of dispute resolution including evaluation of contractual arrangements, regulatory & legal framework to facilitate compliance and advising clients on processes to avoid/ mitigate risks in the conduct of business. She also provides strategic advice and opinions.
Her Service Lines include:
- Regulatory proceedings before statutory authorities, tribunals and courts
- Sector-specific commercial litigation
- Commercial litigation
- Constitutional & Administrative law litigation
- Arbitration, ADR and Treaty Disputes including BIT
Some of the key assignments covered by Vibha include:
- Represented two major telecom companies in the 2G spectrum matter before the Supreme Court, which resulted in the cancellation of 122 licences of operators who had been granted licences and spectrum pursuant to Press Releases of 10.01.2008. Also defended the licenses & spectrum of the same client before the TDSAT and the Supreme Court in subsequent litigations relating to 2G
- Representing a client in the on-going dual tech spectrum matter before the Supreme Court where the Dual Technology Policy of the Government (which allowed operators to provide services using alternative technology using single license) is under challenge
- Advising a telecom company and its shareholders (domestic & foreign including a Foreign Sovereign Government) on options available under domestic and international law for claiming damages from the Government of India on account of cancellation of licenses by the Supreme Court. Exercise undertaken included preparing a comprehensive report on the options available to the client and its shareholders (domestic and foreign) for loss suffered on account of cancellation of licences by the Supreme Court. The assignment particularly involved ascertaining the various heads of damages including the legal tenability of the claims that foreign shareholders could claim under the relevant Bilateral Investment Treaty
- Representing a telecom company before TDSAT and Supreme Court for spectrum contiguity
- Advised a telecom Company on its business model with telemarketers and within service providers for toll-free service
- Advising clients on the recent policy/regulatory developments in telecommunications including the recent developments regarding 3G and 4G
- Handling various regulatory issues for clients before the TDSAT and Supreme Court such as license fee, port charges, infrastructure charges, surrender charges, Access Deficit Charges (ADC), SMS charges
- Advised a major telecom company regarding Spectrum Trading Agreement (STA). Was actively involved in all aspects of the transaction including structuring, drafting of definitive documents and negotiations
Vibha has been practising law since 2004. Prior to joining the firm, she was working with Mr. Amarjit Singh Chandhiok, Sr. Advocate and former Additional Solicitor General of India, where she handled general civil, corporate and commercial litigation including arbitrations.