Shantanu’s practice covers diverse areas of general corporate, mergers and acquisitions and private equity investments. He has been representing multinational companies in various cross-border transactions, advising on foreign direct investments, outbound investments, joint ventures, technology transfers and commercial contract issues.
Shantanu’s work experience includes advising Indian and foreign parties on private equity investments in India and on various issues arising out of the exchange control laws, Companies Act and sector specific laws.
He has special interest in the niche areas of pharmaceuticals and medical devices and has assisted clients in some of the very prominent deals in the past. Prior to joining JSA, Shantanu has had the experience of practising before the Supreme Court of India and the High Court of Delhi.
Bar Council of Delhi
- Get thee behind India, India Inc, The Economic Times, April 23, 2020.
- Health cess is discriminatory, The Financial Express, February 26, 2020.
- ePHARMACIES’ time has come, The Financial Chronicle, October 12, 2018.
- Budget 2018: Why the new FDI rules could prove to be a damp squib, Moneycontrol, Jan 23, 2018.
- National health policy: Why this is no country for old people, The Financial Express, July 25, 2017.
- Homeward bound, The Financial Express, December 25, 2015.
FDI policy 2015 falls short of expectations, Business Today, June 12, 2015.
- Towards an investor-friendly regime, The Financial Express, May 12, 2015.
- Liberalisation of FDI: A shot in the arm for medical devices industry, Business Today, Jan 21, 2015.
- Taking the pulse of FDI in medical devices, The Financial Express, Dec 8, 2014.
- FVCI Investments – The Filings Conundrum! Moneycontrol, Dec 2, 2013
B.A. LL.B., National University of Juridical Sciences