Rohitashwa is a U.S. qualified lawyer focusing on Mergers & Acquisitions, Capital Markets, and General Corporate Commercial laws.
He has significant experience in matters relating to FDI in India, overseas investments by Indian companies, the Indian Takeover Regulations, Joint Ventures, Asset Sales, and Corporate Reorganizations. He has represented various strategic and financial investors, particularly Private Equity & Venture Capital firms, and investee companies in a wide variety of investments. His role in these transactions has included negotiations, drafting, complex structuring, rendering strategic advice, and interacting with major international law firms and financial services providers.
Rohitashwa has extensively represented various underwriters and issuers in diverse industries in a wide variety of Capital Markets transactions, including IPOs, QIPs, GDRs, and FCCB offerings.
Prior to joining the Firm, Rohitashwa was an Associate in the Singapore office of White & Case, a leading U.S. law firm. At White & Case, he represented various multinational businesses, state-owned entities, Private Equity & Venture Capital investors, particularly in the Telecom, Oil & Gas, and Healthcare industries in S-E Asia.
- State of New York, U.S.A.
- “Practical Law Equity Capital Markets Global Guide: India”
- “Pills for the good health of pharma companies” Express Pharma
- LL.M., Harvard Law School, USA (1999)
- LL.B., University of Delhi (1995)
- B.A. (Honours), University of Delhi (1992)
- International Practice Diploma in International Competition Law awarded by the College of Law.
- Course on Finance for Non-Finance Executives conducted by IIT Delhi and Macmillan India.