Rinku has a diverse corporate practice focused on cross-border M&A representing clients in the United States, Europe, Singapore, Malaysia, Japan, Australia and her experience extends to takeovers, buyouts, private equity transactions, creation of joint ventures, strategic alliances, business acquisitions, asset acquisitions, restructurings, corporate governance, commercial and corporate agreements.
Her practice spans over advising and assisting several global and domestic companies in varied sectors to set up business operations in and outside India including entity formation, due diligences, regulatory approvals, governance compliances, employment compliances, day-to-day operations, commercial arrangements as well as advising and assisting several companies seeking exit from or restructurings their ventures and operations.
Among her numerous successful advisories, some prominent ones include:
- Represented clients such as General Mills Inc., CFA Institute, CDI Corporation, Elliot Management Corporation, Vertellus Specialities Inc., Superior Energy Services, Inc., Alexion Pharmaceuticals Inc., Masco Corporation, Nissan International Holding B.V., Hitachi Automotive Systems, Limited, T-Systems Enterprise Services Gmbh, Bayer HealthCare AG, TOTAL S.A., NTT Data Corporation, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Petronas Lubricants International Sdn Bhd, Camlin Limited, Future Capital Holdings Limited, Cravatex Limited, and Intas Pharmaceuticals Limited, among many others
- Advised and assisted Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., Japan in its restructuring arrangement with Ashok Leyland Ltd which also involved sale to Ashok Leyland all of Nissan’s shares in three Indian joint venture companies in technology development, and manufacturing of powertrains and vehicles
- Advised and assisted General Mills Inc., a US based company and one of the world's leading food companies and its wholly owned subsidiary General Mills Foods Products India Private Limited in acquisition of intellectual property rights which also involved structuring and advising on contract packaging arrangement between the parties
- Advised and assisted Vertellus Specialities Inc., a US based company and world’s largest producer of pyridine and picolines, specialty pyridine derivatives, and its wholly owned subsidiary Vertellus Specialties Mauritius in setting up its strategic joint venture with Vapi Products Private Limited. The acquisition also involved structuring and advising on slump sale of certain assets of Vapi Products Private Limited to the joint venture vehicle
- Advised and assisted group company of SGD Pharma, France on its acquisition of additional equity stake in SGD Pharma India Limited from the existing shareholders
- Advised and assisted Cox Automotive Inc., a NYSE listed entity, to acquire equity stake in Mahindra First Choice Wheels Limited
- Advised and assisted Interserve Plc., and its wholly owned subsidiary Interserve Holdings Limited, UK based companies in setting up strategic joint venture with SSPDL Limited, an Indian company engaged in property development projects and construction contracts. The acquisition also involved structuring and advising on sale and transfer of certain assets of SSPDL Limited to the joint venture vehicle
Rinku has been with J. Sagar Associates for over ten years. Prior to joining J. Sagar Associates, she was with national laws firms - Vaish Associates and Udwadia, Udeshi and Berjis for over three years each.