Rajesh specialises in mergers & acquisitions (listed & unlisted companies), corporate/business structuring and restructuring including entering into joint ventures, private equity investments, entity formation, governance and contracting. He has extensive experience in advising domestic and international clients on various facets of law including general corporate and commercial laws as well as exchange control laws.
Some of his key assignments include:
- Advised Reliance Communications Limited (part of Anil D. Ambani Group) on transaction documents for de-merger of its wireless business, merger of this business into Aircel Limited and subsequent acquisition of 50% shareholding of Aircel Limited
- Advised Reliance Defence Systems Private Limited (part of Anil D. Ambani Group entities) on the acquisition of majority stake in Pipavav Defence and Offshore Engineering Company (listed company)
- Advised Sterling Holiday Resorts (India) Limited (listed company) and its promoters and key shareholders on the sale of majority stake to Thomas Cook (India) Limited and subsequent merger of Sterling Holiday Resorts (India) Limited with a subsidiary of Thomas Cook (India) Limited
- Advised B. Braun Group on acquisition of majority stake in Ahlcon Parenterals (India) Limited (listed company). Prior to this, advised B. Braun Group on the acquisition of majority stake in Oyster Medisafe Limited
- Advised a global media group on acquisition of a majority stake in an Indian media company
- Advised one of the largest private equity groups on acquisition of a large stake in an Indian company engaged in healthcare sector and online pharmacy business
- Advised a large eyewear multinational on entering into joint venture with an Indian entity engaged in the wholesale business of premium eyewear products
- Advised a private equity fund in its investment in an entity engaged in the business of incubating companies engaged in Internet and mobile technology space as well as in its overseas entity engaged in food and beverages sector
- Advised the above private equity fund in sale of its investments in an entity engaged in business of outdoor media agency and outdoor media concessionaire
- Advised an international pharmaceutical company in acquiring the businesses of two Indian pharmaceutical companies
Rajesh has been practising law since 2000. Before joining JSA, Rajesh was a senior associate at ARA Law and Luthra & Luthra.