Rajat specialises in dispute resolution and has around ten years of experience in civil and commercial litigation and arbitration. He has advised clients and has conducted arbitration proceedings in disputes related to construction contracts, development agreements, IT/ITES development contracts, Oil and Gas Production Sharing Contracts, Joint Operation Agreements and contracts for supply of goods and services.
He has been handling litigations in various courts including the Supreme Court of India, High Courts of various states, National Company Law Tribunal, National Company Law Appellate Tribunal and National Commission for Consumer Dispute Redressal. He has also handled constitutional matters such as writ petitions against State authorities and Union of India, including challenges to the provisions of law.
Some of the key assignments handled by Rajat include:
- Representing a client in an ad-hoc international commercial arbitration seated in Kuala Lumpur, with respect to disputes arising out of a Joint Operating Agreement under a Production Sharing Contract
- Representing an IT/ITES company in arbitration proceedings against a Statutory Authority in relation to a contract for computerisation and modernisation of the work of the Authority
- Representing a construction company in arbitration proceedings in relation to a contract for construction of a hydro-electric power project
- Represented a logistic solution provider in arbitration proceedings against an airline major with regard to breach of a freighter wet lease agreement and succeeded in securing an award of Rs. 260 million
- Represented a leading air-conditioning and refrigeration company in arbitration proceedings against a nationalised bank and successfully conducted the trial in the matter securing an award in favour of the client
- Represented a real estate developer in arbitration proceedings against the city administration and secured an award of approximately Rs.16000 million in favour of the client
- Represented an MNC involved in the manufacture of consumer durables before the High Court of Delhi in an Appeal against the Enforcement Directorate with regard to levy of a penalty of Rs.50 Million and succeeded in getting the penalty set aside
- Represented a DTH service provider in quashing proceedings before the Patna High Court and succeeded in getting the complaint and the summoning order set aside
Rajat has been practising law since 2008. Before joining JSA, he was with DMD Advocates.