Ongmu’s practice covers diverse areas of corporate law including entity formation and governance, corporate/business structuring and restructuring (joint ventures and insolvency; buyback in unlisted space), all types of commercial and corporate contracts including contracts for public procurement and public private partnerships; mergers & acquisition (listed and unlisted), private equity, employment and anti-corruption.
Some of the key assignments handled by Ongmu include:
- Advised Gujarat International Finance Tec-City Company Limited and GIFT SEZ Limited in proposing amendments to the Companies Act, 2013 for private and public companies that would be established in India's first International Financial Services Centre in Gujarat International Finance Tec-City in Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Advised The Hospital for Sick Children, Canada’s top academic health sciences centre, dedicated to advancing children’s health, through the integration of patient care, research and education. Advised on immigration, business registration, governing law and dispute resolution issues in light of its proposed activities in India and drafted professional services agreement entered with Raptakos Brett & Company Limited
- Advised and assisted National Restaurant Association Solutions LLC in drafting services agreement, intellectual property sublicense agreement, and confidentiality agreement entered with its Indian subsidiary, as well as drafted an employment agreement
- Advised Zim Laboratories Limited on listing of the shares from the Dissemination Board of BSE Limited to the main board of BSE Limited; and on reclassification of promoter group from the perspective of compliance with SEBI regulations, exchange listing norms and the existing shareholders agreement
- Advised Lohr India Automotive Private Limited in its acquisition of additional shares in LOHR India Private Limited, increasing its shareholding to 72% and above
- Advised VVF Limited, a national and global leading company in the oleo chemicals and personal care products segments, on formation of a private trust for restructuring ownership
- Advised Cravatex Limited (CL) and its promoters on (i) the sub-licensing of FILA brand from Integrix BV., a Netherlands stock company to CL and (ii) subsequently on transfer of its business undertaking relating to retail and distribution of lifestyle, sports and wellness products to its wholly owned subsidiary Cravatex Brands Limited (CBL) and subsequent investment by Paragon Partners Growth Fund-I of INR 75 crores in CBL
- Advised & represented Nissan International Holding B.V., a group company of Nissan Motors Limited; in connection with acquisition of 38% equity shares of Hinduja Tech Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ashok Leyland Limited
- Advised Publicitas A.G. in connection with slump sale of the out-of-home advertising business division of Mediascope Publicitas (India) Private Limited to a newly incorporated entity, Publicitas OOH Media Private Limited
- Advised Financial Technology India Limited in the sale of shares of its overseas subsidiaries, Singapore Mercantile Exchange Pte. Ltd. and Singapore Mercantile Exchange Clearing Corporation Pte. Ltd. by Financial Technologies Singapore Pte. Ltd. to ICE Singapore Holdings Pte. Ltd, an entity owned by US-based ICE group
Ongmu has been practising law since 2002. Prior to joining JSA, she worked as a consultant with the Mediation Office at The World Bank, Washington D.C. and as a contract attorney with alternative dispute resolution organisations and law firms in New York. Prior to that, she was with a law firm, Jurisconsultus in New Delhi.