Kuriyan specialises in mergers & acquisitions, private equity, banking & finance, entity formation & governance, business structuring/restructuring and other corporate commercial work. Kuriyan focuses on real estate, software, services and manufacturing sectors, and has assisted clients with matters relating to structuring transactions, day-to-day business operations, corporate compliance and governance.
Kuriyan’s key representative transactions are:
- Advised Embassy Group in connection with its transaction with WeWork, whereby Embassy and WeWork would establish, operate and manage co-working spaces across India
- Advised one of the largest global multi-national finance companies in connection with its investment in rated, listed, redeemable, non-convertible debentures issued by Cybercity Builders & Developers Private Limited
- Advised Verisk Analytics Inc. on the acquisition of 100% of the total issued and paid up share capital of Fintellix Solutions Private Limited
- Advised Cerestra Infrastructure Trust in relation to the issuance of secured, unlisted, redeemable optionally convertible debentures by VJTF Infrastructure Private Limited, a company that owns educational infrastructure in Mumbai. As part of the transaction, Cerestra also acquired 51% of the paid up capital of VJTF Infrastructure Private Limited
- Advised Facebook Inc. in their first acquisition in India, whereby Facebook Inc. acquired Little Eye Software Labs Private Limited, a mobile software analytics company based in Bangalore
Kuriyan has been practising corporate law with J. Sagar Associates since graduating from Symbiosis International University in 2011.