A member of the firm’s corporate practice, Jamshed specialises in mergers & acquisitions, private equity, corporate/business structuring and restructuring and general commercial contracting. He is particularly known for his work in mergers, acquisitions and consolidation of national and international companies.
Some of his keys assignments are as follows:
- Advised a Temasek group entity in relation to its acquisition of an 18.11% stake in Manipal Health Enterprises Private Limited from Indium IV (Mauritius) Holdings Limited, True North Fund IV and Faering Capital India Evolving Fund
- Advised Timken India Limited, a subsidiary of The Timken Company, in its acquisition of ABC Bearings Limited
- Advised LIXIL Corporation (owner of brands such as GROHE and American Standard) on its M&A activities in India, including the recent acquisition of Sentini Sanitaryware Private Limited
- Advised NTT Communications Corporation in its acquisition of Netmagic Solutions Private Limited
- Advised Coors Brewing Company d/b/a Molson Coors International in acquiring a majority stake in Cobra India Beer Private Limited
- Advised Navistar, Inc., in relation to the sale of its stake in its joint venture with Mahindra & Mahindra
- Advised Ferrari S.p.A. in relation to its Indian operations
- Advised various hotel/ hospitality chains (including Las Vegas Sands, Mandarin Oriental, Marriott, Hilton, Jumeirah International, Kempinski and Caesar’s), in respect to their India entry and operations in India
- Advised Lodha Group in its acquisition of a DLF Group entity for an aggregate consideration of INR 27.27 billion. This remains one of India’s largest private sector real estate deals
Jamshed’s law practice experience spans over twelve years. Prior to joining JSA in 2008, he was an articled clerk and thereafter a Solicitor Assistant with the law firm of Mulla & Mulla & Craigie Blunt & Caroe.