Dina specialises in banking & finance, investment funds, financial services, and mergers & cross border investments & acquisitions.
She has extensive experience advising Indian and Multinational banks and clients in banking & finance related transactions including all manner of debt transactions (secured, limited recourse and syndicated), project finance, acquisition & leveraged finance, structured finance, real estate financing, debt restructuring, security creation and general banking products.
Dina advises on the formation and establishment of onshore & offshore funds and pooled investment vehicles including general or sector specific private equity funds, venture capital funds, alternate investment funds and mutual funds.
In addition, she has extensive experience in corporate commercial and finance related transactions including private equity & capital markets, foreign investment and cross border joint ventures and acquisitions across industry sectors.
Chambers and Partners has annually ranked Dina as a band 1 lawyer in India in the Banking and Finance space till as recently as in 2018.
Dina has been consistently named in Asia Pacific Legal 500 as a leading individual, and in IBA, the international who’s who of business lawyers publications of leading practitioners for banking, project finance, public procurement, project finance and mergers & acquisitions. She has also earned her place as “A List Lawyer” by IBLJ in 2016 and 2017.
Her service lines include:
- Equity Capital Market (IPO, QIP, Rights Issues, Offer for Sale, Preferential allotments, buyback in listed space, ADR, GDR etc)
- Debt Capital Markets (Bonds, MTN, FCCB etc.)
- Securities Advisory (such as issuing opinions); lending/ finance advisory
- Lending (by banks, NBFC, Financial Institutions, funds, corporates)
- Debt financing through debt and debt like instruments (by Banks, NBFC, Funds)
- Project Finance
- Debt restructuring and insolvency
- Securitisation and Asset reconstruction
- Funds and pooled investment vehicles
- Mergers & Acquisition (Listed and Unlisted); Private Equity
- Contracting (all types of commercial and corporate contracts other than financing, construction, engineering and infrastructure specialty contracts)
Some of the recent deals Dina has been involved with, are:
- IRB Infrastructure Developers Limited (IRB), in the formation and registration of the IRB InvIT Fund (Trust), India’s first ever infrastructure investment trust
- Reliance Infrastructure Limited (RInfra), in the formation and registration of the Reliance Infrastructure InvIT Fund (Trust), an infrastructure investment trust
- Financing of Mumbai Nasik Expressway Limited (MNEL), Gorakhpur Infrastructure Company Limited (GICL), Kosi Bridge Infrastructure Company Limited (KBICL), Rajahmundry Expressway Limited (REL) and Andhra Expressway Limited (AEL), held by BIF India Holdings Pte. Ltd. (Singapore), an entity held by Brookfield Asset Management
- Brookfield Asset Management, a Canadian asset management fund, in relation to secured lease rental discounting facilities of an aggregate amount of INR 33.9 billion and construction finance facilities of an aggregate amount of INR 8.5 billion
- ICICI Bank Limited, in relation to working capital facilities in the form of cash credit, letter of credit, working capital demand loan, and bank guarantee of an overall revolving limit of INR 10 billion availed by a natural gas, coal and oil exploration and power generation company, in relation to development and operation of its coal blocks in Chhattisgarh
- Export-Import Bank of India (EXIM) in connection with the issue of US$ 400 million Formosa Notes under EXIM’s US$10 Billion Medium Term Note Programme. The transaction was the first Formosa Notes issue by an Indian state-owned specialised financial institution
- Indian Railway Finance Corporation Limited (IRFC) with connection to its issue of US$ 500 Million Green Bonds (the “Issue). Barclays, HSBC, MUFG and Standard Chartered Bank acted as the joint lead managers for the Issue
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) in connection with the issue of US$ 500 Million Bonds by HPCL
- Reliance Infrastructure Limited (RInfra), in the sale of its integrated Mumbai Power Division – electricity generation, transmission and distribution business to Adani Transmission Limited (ATL) for a total consideration of Rs. 18,800 crores (approx. US$ 2.9 billion)
Dina has been practising law since 1982. Before joining JSA, she was with Little & Co, one of India’s oldest law firms for twenty-one years, where she was a Partner for over ten years.