Daksh’s practice covers diverse areas of General Corporate Commercial and Mergers & Acquisition. He has advised clients on a variety of corporate law issues including inbound and outbound investment, joint ventures and acquisitions of private and public companies in India. More recently, Daksh has advised on the following transactions:
• advised Emaar Properties PJSC in the re-organisation of various businesses of Emaar MGF Land Limited (its joint venture company), holding development rights in respect of approximately 8,500 acres of land across India. The transaction was predominantly structured as a demerger.
• advised ICRA Limited (ICRA), a company listed on the BSE and NSE for sale of its entire stake in its wholly owned subsidiary, ICRA Techno Analytics Limited (ICTEAS), to Nihilent Technologies Limited (Nihilent) for a consideration of INR 687.5 million.
• advised Nokia Corporation in the India leg of its global acquisition of Alcatel-Lucent.
• advised Emaar Properties PJSC, Airbnb India, Kronos India, Sobha Limited, Franklin Fueling, SAP India, INVISTA India, and several other clients on corporate law, real estate and regulatory requirements in India.
• Advised Franklin Fueling in its majority joint venture with Wadcorpp India Private Limited.
• Advised Corning, Inc. in its joint venture with Finolex Cables to manufacture fiber optic cables.
• Advised HT Media in its joint venture with Apollo Group in the for the education sector.
• Advised India's leading test-prep institute in providing an exit to a minority financial investor, one of the largest private equity funds in the world.
• Advised a healthcare client in the sale of its hospital, including transfer of underlying land, to one of the leading hospital chains in North India.
• Advised CMS Securitas, a Blackstone portfolio company, in its horizontal acquisition of Securitrans India – both lead players in private security and cash management business. Daksh joined the firm as an associate nine years ago and has grown with the firm. In 2013, Daksh completed his LL.M. as a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar from Columbia Law School, Columbia University (CLS). Post-graduation from CLS, he re-joined the firm.
ILS Law College, Pune University, LL.B. (2009),
Columbia Law School, Columbia University (NY), LL.M. (2013)
Last Updated on 4th February 2019