JSA has an in-depth experience and specialist domain knowledge in the Defence & Internal Security Practice. We have in the past extensively worked in foreign direct investment guidelines along with the knowledge of the government procurement process, the offset requirements and the industrial licensing and regulations in this sector.
We have assisted domestic and international clients in areas including:
- Complex Foreign Direct Investment
- Engagement of agents and intermediaries
- Hiring of former armed forces personnel
- Foreign Military Sales and Inter-government Agreements
- Setting up a compliant defence offset program
- Industrial licensing
- Government procurement issues
The Defence & Internal Security Practice team closely works with the Technology and Telecom practice areas of the Firm which have years of experience and expertise in providing support regarding issues pertaining to Defence specific software and Communication systems.
The Firm has also regularly advised clients on issues relating to the Prevention of Corruption Act and the Money Laundering Act, which are of great significance in Government contracts.