Soumitra specializes in Banking & Finance.
He works closely with Indian & multinational banks, development financial institutions, commodity finance houses, non-banking finance companies as well as corporates.
Work profile includes structuring, due diligence, documentation and negotiations, in relation to, and execution & closing of:
- bilateral / syndicated credit facilities to Indian borrowers, for capital expenditure, working capital, project financing and acquisition financing (on secured / unsecured / limited recourse basis);
- guaranteed credit facilities to overseas subsidiaries of Indian entities, inter alia, for the purpose of overseas acquisitions and leveraged buy-outs;
- cross border / domestic structured finance and trade finance transactions;
- advisory on banking products;
- creation and perfection of security interest on Indian assets;
- debt and quasi-debt transactions compliant with Indian exchange control and banking regulations;
- issuance of non-convertible bonds (on private placement basis);
- strategies on enforcement of security interest;
- corporate debt restructuring (statutory as well as contractual).
Before joining JSA, he worked as an in house counsel in the corporate legal group of ICICI Bank Limited, Mumbai.