Rakesh focuses on Corporate Commercial and specialises in inbound investments into India, Venture Capital & Private Equity investments, Joint Ventures, Mergers & Acquisitions. He advises domestic and international clients on foreign exchange regulations and general corporate laws in India, and has been involved in conducting legal due diligences, drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts and transaction documents. He has worked extensively with Technology, Media and Telecom companies and advised them on regulatory compliances and licensing requirements. Rakesh has also been involved in Banking & Finance transactions including Debt Transactions, Project Finance and Security creation. Some of the key assignments in these areas handled and being handled by Rakesh amongst others cover the following: –
- Acted as Indian counsel to an existing foreign Investor in relation to second round funding in a domestic company running an online food portal, along with new foreign and domestic investors.
- Acted as Indian counsel to a foreign acquirer in relation to 100% acquisition of an Indian company involved in an Information Technology related business.
- Acted as counsel to an Indian company offering healthcare solutions in relation to second round funding by the existing foreign investors along with a new domestic investor.
- Acted as counsel to a leading global investor in relation to foreign equity investment in a major Real Estate development company in India.
- Acted as counsel to a domestic Real Estate development company for private placement of non-convertible debentures to domestic intermediaries, ultimately to be subscribed by foreign institutional investor entities.
- Acted as counsel to two foreign banks in relation to an external commercial borrowing by a major domestic trading company.
- Acted as lenders’ legal counsel to a consortium of domestic lenders with regard to financing for the setting up of a cement plant and captive power plant in the state of Rajasthan.
- Acted as lender’s legal counsel to two separate consortiums of domestic lenders with respect to funding of road projects undertaken by a leading Infrastructure Construction company in the states of Madhya Pradesh and Tamil Nadu.